help with weight of a perch

tim d

i would be very grateful if someone knowledgable enough would be able to tell me what they think a 13 inch well bodied pech would weigh?

i caught it on my local canal today, but when i tryed to weigh it my old scales registred about 1/4 of a pound?????? so i measured it with the tape measure in my scales.

Im keen to know as its obviously a new personal best and want a fairly acuratte idea to record. My gut feeling was about a pound but as ive never caught one half its size im probably way off!!!

thanks in advance

I've got an old (1948) Allcocks catalogue which give Perch length to weight ratios as follows...

9inches - 12oz

10 - 13¼oz

11 - 14¾oz

12 - 1lb 0oz

13 - 1lb 4¼oz

14 - 1lb 9¾oz

15 - 1ib 14½oz

16 - 2lb 5½oz

17 - 2lb 13¼oz

18 - 3lb 5½oz

19 - 3lb 15¼oz

20 - 4lb 9½oz

21 - 5lb 5¼oz

Don't you love ESTIMATES to the nearest quarter ounce. :rolleyes: Anyways hope the answers your question!

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Very interesting bit of info' that Chris. I'll write it down on a little bit of paper, like I usually do, and lose it! like I usually do. :o

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Andy Nellist:

I've listed below the range of weights I had this summer for various lengths.

18         4lb 1oz

18 1/2     4lb 2oz - 4lb 6oz

19         4lb 5oz

20         4lb 8oz

A formula to calulate weight really needs to include length and girth.

On oath ,,,five perch over 4 lb this summer ... not bad going!!! :)

[ 17. December 2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Suffolk Lad ]