Fishing nets ban to protect birds

Elton

I must've missed that, 'we keep upping the MLS'. when did that happen?

The Cornwall IFCA were asked to up the MLS of four species at its last meeting by the CFSA and B.A.S.S. have asked the Southern IFCA for an increase to 48cm and made it clear they want that around the country.

Publication2_zpsthmtka6c.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cornwall IFCA were asked to up the MLS of four species at its last meeting by the CFSA and B.A.S.S. have asked the Southern IFCA for an increase to 48cm and made it clear they want that around the country.

A couple of groups asking for an increase hardly sits with 'we keep upping the MLS'

Edited by seafoods

Fair enough but the thin edge of the wedge springs to mind.

Anglers should leave well alone but that just my opinion. :headhurt:

And this is from an angling rep even though when asked more anglers would ask for an increase than not. Even his rsa poll was 3-1. Fair representation or mis-representation.

Perhaps you can give us the link between your top down approach that challenged the bass anglers application. And also expand on the cfo's rubbishing of the same application.

Substance is required, not personal opinion, assumption. Perhaps you might also justify why anglers are wrong to put back into the stock bass that have every chance of survival that go on to breed, i.e. between the current mls and what was proposed.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

errrm, your turn for the firing line, was that caught in the bay, i have been going there for more than 30 years and thats a new beach, never heard of it. :D Sure you men't meadfoot. More about the bull huss please. what boat was you on.

Shore fishing with my new 15ft beachcaster Barry from the slipway in the middle. fairly rough ground and with Thatchers rock to my left. I have photos if I can suss out how to post. It was a big black dogfish weighing about 6lb

Shore fishing with my new 15ft beachcaster Barry from the slipway in the middle. fairly rough ground and with Thatchers rock to my left. I have photos if I can suss out how to post. It was a big black dogfish weighing about 6lb

Brilliant well done to you sir, thats next to the old outfall where the mullet used to feed. Put your foto on photobucket first, then do a direct copy, or mail it to me and i will stuff it on for you. if thats the route, i'll send you my email addy direct. :thumbs:

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Further to the subject of birds in nets the 200 reported in the article that started this thread I can now advise you that the incident was outside the closed area so no offence was committed. Fishermen have been working with the IFCA and between them have now set up a voluntary code of practice to help avoid a repeat of what happened on this occasion.

Bob,

What "practice" would avoid this happening? (Some birds dying near a fishing vessel.)

On the Gulf of Mexico the stupid birds fly into the raised nets in an attempt to pick off small fish, shrimp and the like that are (gulp, I don't know the right word) flotsam and jetsam(?). They often parrish trying to "fly away". In the course of a year I'd say more than 200 (just a guess). I don't know what happens on other sea coast ports in the US.

Phone

Bob,

What "practice" would avoid this happening? (Some birds dying near a fishing vessel.)

On the Gulf of Mexico the stupid birds fly into the raised nets in an attempt to pick off small fish, shrimp and the like that are (gulp, I don't know the right word) flotsam and jetsam(?). They often parrish trying to "fly away". In the course of a year I'd say more than 200 (just a guess). I don't know what happens on other sea coast ports in the US.

Phone

Hi Phone mate this was one net with 200+ birds caught, close by another net and none were caught while another had over a hundred. Night fishing, as in when it’s dark then there is no problem but daylight and stakeholders like the RSPB involved and something has to be done. As it stands the CF lads have no wish to either upset anyone nor kill birds unnecessarily.

Bob,

That makes the whole thread more interesting, understandable and meaningful. I thoucht it was 200 birds over a session (several days out to sea).

All in one whack probably should be dealt with.

Intentional sacrilege would also be disturbing. I didn't see anyone saying that happened.

Phone