Who loves a bit of UK catfish hunting in the uk

Dave H

There are decent cats in badshott lea - on the farnham ticket. Its a bit of a scrum at the weekends but they've got lots of really nice water as well. They should be waking up about now with this warm weather. Whole Kalamari or live baits do the trick. M

if you want cats or bream in the Lea just fish for carp :D

i think the biggest is getting on for 70lb now

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to Jimmy's lake at Corringham, it is stuffed full of Cats. The swims are very tight, but you should catch. My first visit/attempt at Cats was there last March/April time. I caught eleven Cats up to 20+. I thought I was the ****s until I saw a bloke catch thirty of them in 12hrs!!! You only need normal 2.3/4 carp/pike rods, 12-15 line and free running rigs. It is a bollie and pellet venue only. The Cats go to 70lb, but I have only had them to 30lb. £10 per rod per 12hrs. Fishing is from 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am. Best to go midweek if you can. you def need a rod pod as the ground is rock solid.

Once you have caught a 50lber who wants to sit out all night just hoping for a 20lb?

Me for one. I enjoy fishing & I enjoy catching even more but the size is secondary and will always be related to the population of the water I'm fishing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Go to Jimmy's lake at Corringham, it is stuffed full of Cats. The swims are very tight, but you should catch. My first visit/attempt at Cats was there last March/April time. I caught eleven Cats up to 20+. I thought I was the ****s until I saw a bloke catch thirty of them in 12hrs!!! You only need normal 2.3/4 carp/pike rods, 12-15 line and free running rigs. It is a bollie and pellet venue only. The Cats go to 70lb, but I have only had them to 30lb. £10 per rod per 12hrs. Fishing is from 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am. Best to go midweek if you can. you def need a rod pod as the ground is rock solid.

What boilies did you use if you dont mind me asking, the cell?

What boilies did you use if you dont mind me asking, the cell?

I tried out a new boillie called V12, it worked a treat on the first trip, but I struggled on the other trips. I did try Squid and Liver bollies and had a few Cats, but big halibut pelltets was an excellent bait. A bunch of popped up lob worms caught me my biggest and numerous Cats, the problem is the shoals of Bream in there loved the worm as well.

Darrell

Edited by Headless

I tried out a new boillie called V12, it worked a treat on the first trip, but I struggled on the other trips. I did try Squid and Liver bollies and had a few Cats, but big halibut pelltets was an excellent bait. A bunch of popped up lob worms caught me my biggest and numerous Cats, the problem is the shoals of Bream in there loved the worm as well.

Darrell

Thank you, do you know what sort of size the Bream are?

Thank you, do you know what sort of size the Bream are?

I believe the biggest are around 4-5lb. The Bream are regulary netted and removed from the lake. They grow and populate the lake so quickly due to the amount of pellet going into the place, There are some Carp in there as well, including some huge grass Carp.

With your love of predator fishing is there any reason why you don't fish for cats any longer.

Would it just be an anti-climax after Spain and France?

I hope to have my first proper try for cats in a week or so.

The water temp' down here in Charente is still only 2.5C so I'll be waiting a month or two before trying for the cats.

I'm with Budgie on the venues; can't do with artificial fishing, McFishing I call it. For the last five years except for a couple of sessions on campsite lakes I've fished nothing but natural waters.

Regards, Clive

The water temp' down here in Charente is still only 2.5C so I'll be waiting a month or two before trying for the cats.

I'm with Budgie on the venues; can't do with artificial fishing, McFishing I call it. For the last five years except for a couple of sessions on campsite lakes I've fished nothing but natural waters.

How do you define natural? Rivers and canals are natural or at least not stocked or not stocked often but would you class reservoirs and lakes as natural as they have all been stocked at some point of another.