EA Boob!

Peter Waller

Using Google Earth, the only "river" I can see is the Thurne - it looks like a canal of some sort connects it to the south end of Hickling Broad. The Bure is a distance away to the west.

I do have to say your rivers seem to change names pretty often though and I was a little taken aback to see the small difference between normal and flood stage. This is my local this area is pretty flat.

guage-height.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Using Google Earth, the only "river" I can see is the Thurne - it looks like a canal of some sort connects it to the south end of Hickling Broad. The Bure is a distance away to the west.

I do have to say your rivers seem to change names pretty often though and I was a little taken aback to see the small difference between normal and flood stage. This is my local this area is pretty flat.

Newt I know some of our rivers that can rise 20 plus feet when in flood. I think some of the rivers over there (your neck of the woods) do make ours look like streams though LOL.

Tigger,

Partly a function of population. A raindrop can actually hit the ground and not be noticed over here. Of all the "features" of the UK the one I admire most is the number of people on such a tiny island and yet it still has beautiful countryside.

Execpt in the high mountains a "flash flood" is pretty uncommon. My guess is that Florida, while quite large, is one of our "flattest" states.

Phone

Tigger,

Partly a function of population. A raindrop can actually hit the ground and not be noticed over here. Of all the "features" of the UK the one I admire most is the number of people on such a tiny island and yet it still has beautiful countryside.

Execpt in the high mountains a "flash flood" is pretty uncommon. My guess is that Florida, while quite large, is one of our "flattest" states.

Phone

Blimey phone, for a second I thought you'd written FATTEST states. I have heard the obesity is getting a little out of control over there :lol:

A m8 of mine holidays there several times a year because he loves the portions he gets served whilst there.

Regarding the flash floods, they're pretty common in northern Britain. I think it's down to high ground and a rocky substrate. Darn sarf they have lovely clear chalk streams/rivers where the water is released from the chalk substrate slowly as it filters through it...jammy southerners !