for all ye irish fly fishermen or who ever has fished in ireland

greenwells glory

hi guys..

i just want to know if anyone here has fished the maigue or the blackwater in ireland..the maigue is located in limerick and i would like to hear yer veiws on the river and what ye have caught there..and the blackwater in cork.i got a 6 and a half pound salmon there 2 years ago..he nearly pulled me into the river because i was only 12!! :D !!

i would just like to hear yer veiws on these rivers and some other irish rivers

thanks

tight lines

sean.. :P

"two men were standing on the bank of the river and one says to the other"how can i catch a fish?? and the other replied "you keep your bait in the water!!!"

hi guys..

i just want to know if anyone here has fished the maigue or the blackwater in ireland..the maigue is located in limerick and i would like to hear yer veiws on the river and what ye have caught there..and the blackwater in cork.i got a 6 and a half pound salmon there 2 years ago..he nearly pulled me into the river because i was only 12!! :D !!

i would just like to hear yer veiws on these rivers and some other irish rivers

thanks

tight lines

sean.. :P

Hi.Have fished the Mulcair before.Worming and spinning.Alas not had a salmon,but my mate had one on worm.Certaily if ever over there again i would give it a crack-it was cheap as chips to fish it :D :D

Suspect its still the same,the channel running up past Cloonlara from the power station was reputed to hold salmon amongst other species.Not supposed to fish it,but many were :headhurt::yeah:

Edited by chuby

orite..i have never fished the mulcair for salmon only trout.its trrout population was seriously damaged by sewage leaking into the river and causing a huge fish kill.this is a growing problem in our local rivers and it annoys me very much because just there a few weeks ago there was a fish kill in a river called the camoge.a farmer just came along and dumped all the slurry into the river :angry::wallbash: over 1500 fish were slaughtered but the worst thing is that the camoge hadnt been fishing great and we thought there wasnt any trout in it yet trout up to 2 pounds weight were showing up dead on the bank of the river :headhurt: i just think what goes through peoples heads when they do things like this.....

"two men were standing on the bank of the river and one says to the other"how can i catch a fish?? and the other replied "you keep your bait in the water!!!"

i just think what goes through peoples heads when they do things like this.....

If they are hit by a large fine for doing it, then the though in their head will usually be, "My goodness. I certainly won't do that again."

Otherwise, it will be more like, "Well, I don't like fishing and dumping this way is free so I'll continue."

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There are now serious fines upon conviction for pollution. Also I know of three clubs that have just won serious damages for 'Loss of amenity' following on from a fish kill, the worm has turned. Call in the fishery Board immediately.

As for the Mulcair, I haven't fished it. The Blackwater is full of those nusciance fist though, every time I fished it for trout the Bluddy salmon kept giving themselves up. Best fly a size 12 or 14 pheasant tail nymph, but be warned you can't weigh them in at trout competitions.....I know, I tried once :lol:

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

will look into it greg.but ya the pheasant tail nymph is a great fly.im going to be fishing the munster juvenile competitions next year so i might be on the blackwater for that or the suir which is a great dry fly river..ive a good story about the suir dont know if ye want to hear but ill tell ye anyway..a few years ago i was standing on the banks of the suir and nothing was happening trout wise so i sat sown and said i would wait for the rise because it was late evening and i knew the sedges would be coming soon..so i was sitting there with my dad for about 15 minutes and this man approcahed us..are ye fishing he said??we are waiting for the rise,i replied..put on this dry fly he told me so i put it on and there was still nothing happpening so i started fishing and by the end of the night i had caught and landed six trout each weighing no less than 3 quarters of a pound..i forgot to ask the man the flys name so i calledit the corkman because the man was from cork.i was amazed that this fly had the ability to get trout feeding and it has done it numerous times after words for me..even though its a dy fly it sinks under the surface slightly...

There are now serious fines upon conviction for pollution. Also I know of three clubs that have just won serious damages for 'Loss of amenity' following on from a fish kill, the worm has turned. Call in the fishery Board immediately.

As for the Mulcair, I haven't fished it. The Blackwater is full of those nusciance fist though, every time I fished it for trout the Bluddy salmon kept giving themselves up. Best fly a size 12 or 14 pheasant tail nymph, but be warned you can't weigh them in at trout competitions.....I know, I tried once :lol:

Greg

a pain

aint they :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::lol:

well lads its the opposite for me because whenever im fishing for salmon trout seem to pop up all over the place...but on the craig salmon anglers(the club im in)there hasnt been a single salmon caught on that stretch since the season opened..i think the fish are there but there are no weirs or rocks on our strectch so the fish have nowhere to hold so they run swim straight through the stretch and as ye probably know when salmon are on the move they wont touch a fly or a bait..like i was there yesterday and there is lovely water in the river so i said i would have a good chance of a salmon.so me and my dad went up there at 6 in the morning and didnt leave till 8 that night and we hadnt got a single pull all day...i tried the fly,worm and an articficial bait called the lane minnow and the fly sea..for all the time we put into it you sont get your reward.