Holiday on the Norfolk Broads

Dave H

Norfolk and the broads is a beautiful place, I am sure you and Mrs Hawk will have a great time which ever parts you visit.

Just keep an eye out for the locals, they are a strange bunch, you don't want any Wicker Man type situation :D

I made a serious mistake up there once - at a tackle shop in Stalham I handed over a maggot box with Castaway, Felixstowe, Suffolk on it.

The old dear in her seventies took great offence and gave me some abuse for being a Suffolk lad.

Hawk - would recomend hiring a rowing boat with your houseboat. Gives you a good platform to fish from in places you may not have been able to reach from the cruser / bank.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

got many fond memories of hols on the broads! had several in my youth! (cant afford the buggers these days!!)

heres a piccy of mum and dad on one!

creature-black-lagoon.jpg

dads a proper norfolk boy!

:D

seriosuly though fishing on the broads was always great fun and usually produced alot of decent stuff.

to be fair i cant recall much of actual locations and suchlike but if you have decent watercraft skills then you will quickly pick out the best areas.

If you get stuck head to Lathams at Potter Heigham and ask in the tackle shop there for some advice, or Wroxham and again there are a couple of tackle shops there that have decent local knowledge.

dont forget to drag along some pike tackle as well there are some decent beasts lurking about (just dont catch father! he gets easily miffed when he grabs a treble hook!)

if your boating about then i dare you to head to St Bennets Abby and spend the night moored up and fishing there....if you can moor up there these days.....especially on a nicely moonlit night!

recall a couple of nights spent there jumping at all manner of noises in the darkness whilst trying to catch fish off the boat! LOL!

Hi mate being born near loddon at a little village called bergapton I am one of the local boys.

What I cannot work out is why you have the same family picture of dad as I do. :D

Mum was a lot lighter then.

Maybe dales is right we are all interbreed but there are a lot worse out there.

John

Hi Hawk

When you know were and when you are going start a thread again.

June 16th is a long way away yet.

John

Yeah i know john but you got 10 days of me yet mate then i am finished. I have done sod all on the rivers getting back into it all and that but rest assured all that plastic and foam and pop ups iis now swirling in my empty brain . it will give me time to figure it all out and Zander but to be honest more pike better watch out as the old git is coming with his pop ups, plastic and oily fish. i can here those fish trembling as i type.

You Rednecks are having an effect on me already i am starting to twitch!!! :crazy:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

whoops misread what i was replying about and found myself agreeing ,bad chesters1, bad boy

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

whoops misread what i was replying about and found myself agreeing ,bad chesters1, bad boy

Mr Chester

Shame on you Sir!

John, true Norfolk Boys have the straightest family trees in England!

At least your team is doing better than dear old Town!

Hi Peter

never thought of it like that very good. :D

John

I mentioned the Broads to Mrs Hawk today. There was silence?

I thought i would delve a bit deeper and told her it can be warm in September

Mrs Hawk...Yeah warm for the Pike (Damn i felt like i had been bowled out for a duck but i stuck in there chaps)

Mr Hawk....I only intend to take one rod dear and i thought it would just be the two of us

Mrs Hawk...mmmmm! (i was back in if only just)

Mrs Hawk...I want to go somewhere hot and not have weather that is unpredictable .

Mr Hawk...Well, it rained in spain two years a go dear .

Yeah i know but there is still more chance of it being Sunny but i guess i do not mind ( It was a 6 hit over the pavilion into the traffic)

But then i saw the prices....WTF....I think i will go to Spain dear!!! :rolleyes:

They have fishing in Spain and the Zeds get to a decent size :D

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek