Great Idea

Ed Matysiak

I was thinking about the lack of cover my fish have in my pond. During the winter the lillies are just stumps!

I was in the pet shop and saw pipe for rats. Its clear plastic and comes in lengths of about 1.5ft. The pipe has a diameter of about 6 inches. PERFECT! I got a length and dropped it in my pond. Now the fish have some cover and should feel safer. :)

I recomend this idea to all of you!

Excellent idea Koi, here's another one.

When putting lilies on supports to raise them up in the water, use 4 legged stools. It gets the lilies up & creates a superb sanctuary under the stools for the fish.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

craig mason:

koi carp have you thought about using clay pipes in your pond as i do and the fish love them :)

Does the tabacco not get wet and prove difficult to light?

Try 4 or 6 inch plastic drain pipes they work well, also the type of drainage pipe used for land drains with lots of holes in is good as it allows a bit more water movement.