where do i get them

billy brereton

You will get tench, ornamental rudd & orfe fairly easily from any squarium shop or garden centre. Mirror carp & crucians are also quite commonly on sale (nearly bought a few crucians on Sunday myself) and I've occasionally seen gudgeon. Outside those though I think you'll probably struggle to get them from the ordinary outlets.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

never found any use in course fish in a pond ,they are designed by nature to be hard to spot from above , this is why they invented goldfish and koi etc ,a 6ft tank with course fish is spectacular though , maybe you could build a pond with a glass side and combine the 2 :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I agree Chesters. There really seems no point in keeping invisible fish. A young lad I know, stocked his pond with rudd from a river. You never could see them. Its much like having green tench. Unless your water is crystal clear you will never see them either.

Dace are quite a good fish for the pond, If you get a number of fry from a shoal they'll stay together & spend most of their Summer flitting around the surface of the pond, very watchable even though they're naturally coloured.

Minnows are another wild fish that lends themselves very well to the pond environment, as for the Dace catch them from the same shoal if you want them to stick together.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.