Grass Carp

Chris Plumb

I've recently discovered that one of the lakes of a club I joined last year has a decent head of Grass Carp. I've never caught one and would like to (Mr Hillman will know why! :D ) Any specific tips out there for targetting them - or is it simply a question of fishing for the commons and wait for a grassy to come by?

TIA

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

grass carp hhhhhmmmmmm nice fish !!

floaters matey, tend to sort me a few out :D taken a number of smaller samples of standard carp rigs and boilies, apart from that if you can them on the top have a go for them :D there no hard and fast rig/bait to tempt a grassie, same as most carp if they want it they will have it !!

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Cherry tomato fished under a float and mid-water. No problems as long as it is no larger than a golf ball.

Piece of bagel fished on top.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

did any of you,see the new record in the papers?it was huge 39lb+ looks suspiciously like a giant CHUB!!!!conspiracy thoery i tell you,there not carp ther huge chub!!!(well i wish they were :D )

[ 18. June 2004, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: ratty46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Well, they are sorta related. Same family.

Grass Carp - Cyprinidae - Ctenopharyngodon idella

European Chub - Cyprinidae - Leuciscus cephalus

Common Carp - Cyprinidae - Cyprinus carpio carpio

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Well, they are sorta related. Same family.

Grass Carp - Cyprinidae - Ctenopharyngodon idella

European Chub - Cyprinidae - Leuciscus cephalus

Common Carp - Cyprinidae - Cyprinus carpio carpio

indeed they are newt,i still think theres a wee bit of chub in grass carp!maybe a common had a threesome with a chub and some fat mirror!but the mirror was firing blanks! :D

[ 19. June 2004, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Rattus Norvegicus46 ]

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!