Anybody else willing to admit watching .......

Andy Thatcher

ajp/Andy Thatcher,

Just back from the howf (pub) slightly, well ok a lot worst for wear. Tommorrow I will explain all when I feel better ie all you were ever wantedto know about curling but were afraid to ask, its all about contrrolling the head.

I leave you in anticipation

Duncan

ajp:

I watched it,but can someone explain why in the last game when we were in a winning position and the Swiss were trying to block the lane we kept on unblocking it?   :confused:

Because you don't want anything they can hide scoring stones behind - you want a direct route to all scoring stones so you can use weight to take them out. At least that's what I'm guessing.

The one that got me was when I turned over the house was completely empty and the Swiss were just about to deliver the last stone. 1 point to the Swiss I assumed but no, they threw it straight through the house deliberately. Took me a bit of time to realise they were doing it just to ensure they kept last stone for the next end.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Its all a blooming mistery to me, bit like Gaelic football, never been able to sus it out, but going down a hill on a tea tray, thats more like it!!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Andy and others,

I have been a fan of the Olympics for as long as I have known what they were. When I first saw Curling, I said what the H*** are they doing sweeping the ICE??? Later as I begain to pay attention, the real Game became understood. I would like to Congradulate the British team for the Great play that they have displayed. The Winter Olympics are not as traditionally dominated by the U.S. as it is by European Nations. As a matter of fact, I have it on NOW and we both Love it.

HOPPY

I happened to catch the end of the curling. I saw the winning stone?

I then got a sinking feeling in my stomach. From now on `Grandstand` will reckon this is a majority sport. LOL

We used to have the World Champion short track speed skater? Wilf Smith? Where`s he now

We currently have in excess of 40 world champions in one sport or another!! We`ve got 5 world champs` in boxing!! Olympic gold medals in shooting! Snooker, darts etc? Why are we going gaa gaa over a bunch of housewives in a minority sport.

Just goes to show how little we think of ourselves as a nation.

Sad but true?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!