An afternoon with the EA

AnglerPaulM

I thought I'd ask you guys as we anglers don't really see a lot of the EA folks on the banks even though we should. With that in mind I thought I'd ask, have you got any questions you would like me to ask? I'm going to spend most of the day with one of their senior officers on Friday.

If you have any questions you would like me ask, send them through on here and I'll post his reply some time in the not to distant future!

Thanks

Paul

Like fishing? - Check out my blog at http://coarsefishingpaul.blogspot.com/

For fishy updates follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/Angler_PaulM

I thought I'd ask you guys as we anglers don't really see a lot of the EA folks on the banks even though we should. With that in mind I thought I'd ask, have you got any questions you would like me to ask? I'm going to spend most of the day with one of their senior officers on Friday.

If you have any questions you would like me ask, send them through on here and I'll post his reply some time in the not to distant future!

Thanks

Paul

Why in 22 years of fishing have I only ever seen 1 EA officer?

Why is the 3 meter rule still in play when someone can be 50m away in a bivvy from the rods?

Where does my Rod licence fee go?

Why do i need to pay for 2 licences to fish more rods when I already have a licence?

Why are the licences not plastic ive not had one last a full season yet, not that ive ever had to produce my licence mind.

Edited by cupra
tlc.png

Why do they continually fail on biosecurity.

Why do the continue to endorse the widespread stocking of non-native species - CARP, orfe, CARP, sturgeon, CARP, catfish, CARP - the list is endless.

Why are they obsessed with ripping fallen trees out of rivers - even in non urban areas where flood control is not a priority and thereby removing the cover that allows fish to hide from predators (cormorants) and shelter from floods ?

What are they actually doing to halt the spread of signal crayfish and other invasive flora and fauna ?

Why are they not protecting our waterways from netting, setlining and other illegal fishing methods buy putting offers on bikes, boats and kayaks ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

And if they care so much about our rivers and the fish in them; why are they advocating or allowing the building hydroelectric power plants that remove the energy from the water in the very areas (weirs) where a lot of river species breed or move to before and after spawning to recover and build up strength in the oxygenated water and therefore can do the most damage???

I have always been a staunch supporter of the EA and the work it does for our rivers, stillwaters and the fish in them; which doesn't always get publicised; but this sort of thing is losing a lot of the trust that has built up over the years.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Evening all! I went down to the River with an EA official recently after all my gripes about the amount of rubbish that was building up under a disused bridge near one of my favourite Chub swims. We got there and the guys in green were already there, saws in hand clearing it all away as you will see from my post! http://coarsefishingpaul.blogspot.co.uk/

Like fishing? - Check out my blog at http://coarsefishingpaul.blogspot.com/

For fishy updates follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/Angler_PaulM

Well. I just looked at the blog and it looks to me to have been the best fish holding feature on the river for miles.......

A great place to draw fish from on a hot sunny day and the slack water below it would be my banker pike peg.

Ah well, each to their own

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Well. I just looked at the blog and it looks to me to have been the best fish holding feature on the river for miles.......

A great place to draw fish from on a hot sunny day and the slack water below it would be my banker pike peg.

Ah well, each to their own

I tend to agree, looks like it used to be a very interesting swim.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek