another, what bird is this

Andy_1984

ok i got a wee bit of a slagging in the last topic and i expect even more from this one so im not even going to say what i think it is exactly.

before i fell in love with the great outdoors i never really gave much attention to birds or any wildlife for that matter i never thought it would be worth while learning anything about it/them but since that time and taking up photography im really loving learning as much as i can now. so im slowly building up my knowledge on all things wild and loving it :)

i had 4 of them at the same time but only managed to get 3 in the frame at a reasonable zoom for my camera.

post-7003-1332759591_thumb.jpg

post-7003-1332759601_thumb.jpg

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i got a wee bit of a slagging in the last topic and i expect even more from this one so im not even going to say what i think it is exactly.

before i fell in love with the great outdoors i never really gave much attention to birds or any wildlife for that matter i never thought it would be worth while learning anything about it/them but since that time and taking up photography im really loving learning as much as i can now. so im slowly building up my knowledge on all things wild and loving it :)

i had 4 of them at the same time but only managed to get 3 in the frame at a reasonable zoom for my camera.

They look like buzzards Andy. Where did you take the pics?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

From the pictures Andy I'll say they are buzzards (Buteo buteo. The picture on the left of the single bird does appear to show a relatively small head but, and I could be wrong, I'd have thought it a little early for honey buzzards (Pernis apivoris) but you never know.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

From the pictures Andy I'll say they are buzzards (Buteo buteo. T.he picture on the left of the single bird does appear to show a relatively small head but, and I could be wrong, I'd have thought it a little early for honey buzzards (Pernis apivoris) but you never know.
I don't think you get Honey Buzzards in Strathclyde, that's why I asked Andy where he shot the pics. I'm sure that they were taken somewhere in Strathclyde and that the birds are common or garden buzzards

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Cumbernauld cory

What's it called? Cumbernauld.

Youtube Video ->

I'm 99.99% sure they are buzzards Andy.

Edited by corydoras

Common buzzard for me. (aka - Fence-post eagle) ;)

Honey buzzard arrival dates for Hampshire - earliest ever recorded 21st April - average arrival date 30th April.

i wont mention what i thought it was then. :D

Thank you guys

Golden Eagle?