weather sites

Kappa

Hi all,

I know this has been done to death but has anyone found any new sites or have any older ones improved or got worse?

Ideally one with a 2 week forecast please! :rolleyes:

Rich

Hi all,

I know this has been done to death but has anyone found any new sites or have any older ones improved or got worse?

Rich

Hi Cupra.

I use The Weather Outlook; it's always been pretty accurate for our area. There's also a weather station at Skelton (Newlands), but it only does short range forecasts.

Rob.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

I have the following apps on my phone (all free):

- Metcheck (generally reliable but only a 5-day forecast)

- AccuWeather (generally reliable with a 14-day forecast)

- Wunderground (generally reliable but seems to overstate temperatures, with a 12-day forecast)

Looking at all 3 usually gives a decent idea of what to expect!

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi all,

Rich

i use weather + on my iphone and ipads...its pretty damn good, very accurate and ive learnt to trust it!

dunno where they get their weather feed from though

only provides 5 days but does give good accurate 3 hour reading through the day as well as wind direction/power

Don't think any site can be 'reliable' at 5 days out let alone 14 - most struggle beyond 48hours. Metcheck for example can change dramatically form one 6 hour run to the next - makes it a bit of a joke at times....

C.

Edited by Chris Plumb

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

i like rock radio 5 word weather reports "cloudy with some rain later" or "its raining dont even bother"

other than that i only bother with a quick bbc news forecast as chances are ill probably go fishing anyway, no matter what the weather is

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk