Fishing For Carp

crazycarphunter

Guest Chris Perch

The other thing with tiger nuts is you dont need to put many freebies out I would put out around 15 baits to start with with two or three pouych fulls of hemp and top up a little if I get some action - Hope this helps

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help guys, I'm gunna go up on Thursday if I get chance n try a few hours. I might try pre baiting on Wednesday after work if nobody is on! In the time my bro and his mate have spent up there a few people have fished it and nobody got anything. 1 group said they have been going there for a few months for 24hr sessions and are yet to catch. They said they are running out of ideas now lol.

Hopefully using these tips my luck will be different.

Cheers gents, anymore ideas are more than welcome lol :)

Mad on fishing but don't have a clue how to fish :)

Crazy,

"Hard" waters always fall to fishmeal and capsicum combinations.

Phone

Ok cheers mate, I will look into this :) thanks

Ok cheers mate, I will look into this :) thanks

Just had a quick look at what capsicum is, only to find out nothing lol. It says its a plant fertilizer, pepper, mango, a plant...could you please tell me what it is and where I can get it?

Cheers

You could fish crystal waggler in the margins with a large lobworm. I saw matt hayes do it on an episode of total fishing and it worked well for him, might be worth looking up on youtube.

Dave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

I would say top priority is finding where the carp are; then when they feed; and at what depth. Get that lot sorted and any half decent bait will be fine. If its very deep they may well feed around the edges, and in mid water. If everyone is fishing on the bottom in the deep water, that could explain why no one is catching. Fishing in close means being very quiet, commercial carp might tolerate noise and disturbance, but these fish might not.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Crazy,

Capsicum - - - It's the hot stuff in hot peppers. (often carp anglers in the UK use Robin Red). You can use human grade hot sauce(s) (I don't know the brand names in the UK). There are a bizillion commercial boilies that use this combination. (fishmeal and capsicum) Ask the tackle shop if you are going to use pre-made. [Mild concentrations I suspect most commonly eaten as "sweet peppers" in the UK.]

Phone

(if you want to boost it to the max get a tube of arthritis cream with 1% capsicum - - - read the label. A very thin coating on your boilie will be gobs. Have a good wash cloth with you. It is HOT as 'ell. DON'T put your fingers in your mouth afterwords.

Crazy,

"Hard" waters always fall to fishmeal and capsicum combinations.

Phone

Hard waters will fall when the right angler comes along, I don't see bait as the most important factor.

Guest Chris Perch
I would say top priority is finding where the carp are; then when they feed; and at what depth. Get that lot sorted and any half decent bait will be fine. If its very deep they may well feed around the edges, and in mid water. If everyone is fishing on the bottom in the deep water, that could explain why no one is catching. Fishing in close means being very quiet, commercial carp might tolerate noise and disturbance, but these fish might not.

agree with this I used to fish a reservoir with depths up to 30ft and it shelved off gradually in the margins I used to catch the fish at a depth of 10ft which was about three rod lenghts out.

Never did any good in the really deep centre of the lake.

And like on so many carp waters best times were 2-3 hours at dawn and the last couple of hours of the day before dusk.( Also overnight no doubt )

Do you have a pair of polaroid glasses these can be valuable for fish spotting.