Real or a fraud?

Scott

Well to be honest I think he was some sort of an idiot to go out alone any way. If the truth is that what he say's he did, he did. I guess you could say he gave his right arm to hang on to life.

On the other hand why didn't he bleed to death whilst hacking away at his arm, one handed? :confused:

hi all

i dont know about how true it is but if he did cut his arm off then the guy must have hit a main vein or something.

chesters was bitten by an adder once which a neighbour was playing with cos she thought they were cute or something but when she showed chesters he picked one up and it had him

but instead of going to the hospital he thought he would wait and sure enough his hand swelled up and he thought he would go(biggest hand ive ever seen)so he rode his motorbike to the hospital(nutter). :D

billy

i guess his arm would have been pretty numb and cold from being under the rock.

and by using a belt or something to cut off the blood supply first it is possible but not easy.

but what could you do if you are really desperate?

if he had a mobile he could have phoned a friend! :D

later guys i`m going fishing

euan pink:

if he had a mobile he could have phoned a friend!   :D  

With all the money that people are willing to spend on their hobbies these days, why didn't he have a GPS receiver 'and' a mobile phone with him.

Help was just a phone call away.

He will probably now make a mint out of selling his story of stupidity.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest NickInTheNorth

Mobiles tend not to get much of a signal in the bottom of ravines, especially out in the middle of nowhere in the USA (it's not like the UK where nearly everywhere is covered).

If you've seen him on TV I think you would believe it, either that or he's very good at hiding bit's of his arm.

Not a great deal different to the lone trawlerman in the UK that found himself suspended from the gear on his boat, unable to reach anything, but his belt knife. Removed his leg at the knee and got to the wheel house to radio for help.

Amazing what people can do when the chips are down.

NickInTheNorth:

Mobiles tend not to get much of a signal in the bottom of ravines, especially out in the middle of nowhere in the USA (it's not like the UK where nearly everywhere is covered).

And I thought mobiles were linked to satellites.

There was a story some time back where someone in a boat, miles from nowhere in the southern hemispere, contacted someone in this country for help, I thought.

Shows I don't/won't use them.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Jim

You can get mobiles which use satellites, but they are very expensive.

The southern hemisphere incident which you remember was I believe a boat within range of a base station on land (the signal can travel a long way over water in the right conditions).

Don't blame you for not using them, horrible things.