Teenagers robbed by man claiming to be checking fishing licences

Elton

Three teenage boys have had their mobile phones stolen in Watford by a man claiming to be checking fishing licences.

Article here:

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/news/9645...shing_licences/

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Although I do feel sorry for the kids having their mobiles taken, if they weren't fishing there in the first place (as it's the closed season) then they wouldn't have had anything stolen.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Although I do feel sorry for the kids having their mobiles taken, if they weren't fishing there in the first place (as it's the closed season) then they wouldn't have had anything stolen.

Okay, I see. These youngsters deserved to be robbed because they were fishing a river in the closed season! :o

But it would be an outrage if they were robbed whilst fishing a lake, pond or canal.

Fishing rivers during the closed season is what some kids do, they don't think about dates etc

I'm in my fifties now, and as a kid I, along with my friends, fished our local river during the closed season without realising it, and without the intention of comitting an offence. I know that I'm not the only person on here who did so when they were a kid.

I subsequently became a life-long angler and have speny a tidy sum on 40 odd years of rod licences and Angling Club memberships.

We should be encouraging youngsters who take up the sport rather than point a finger and lambast them for fishing out of season on a river, whilst at the same time it would be perfectly ok to fish a still water.

When I see a youngster on a river, rod in hand, staring studiously a a float, I hope that they too become a life-long angler and as such,when I'n gone, become a future custodian and protector of the waterways that I grew up on, fished and loved.

C'mon, when you think about it, children really ARE our future!

Rant Over

i blame the parents

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

hmmm did yours let you swear as well :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters living up to his tag "AN Resident Contrarian" :D. i only noticed that a few days ago just under his avatar.

Jedi. it could have happened at any time i dont think the fact they were fishing is the point, they could have been playing golf. just some low life scum seizing an opportunity to rob someone.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

so you like karma if they are not fishing illegal this would not happen

i'm a man a man without conviction

i'm a man a man who doesnt know

how to sell to sell a contradiction

you come and go you come and go

karma karma karma karma karma chameleon

you come and go you come and go

loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams

red gold and green red gold and green

you illegal fisherman so i steal your phone steal your phone

i also blame the parents

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur