double strength

Peter M

My recomendation is to only use it as a tippet with a main line of regular mono. Better still try Hardy's Copolomer.

Andrew Boyd

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to use it for hooklengths but moved over to Preston Reflo Powerline a couple of seasons ago and have found it much better. I've never been keen on using these ultra thin monos for reel lines though and tend to use maxima on the reel. The preston line is fery supple and has good knot strength, IMO better knot strength than double-strength.

HTH

Will

Have used it this season for most of my Tench fishing,even though i didn"t have any problems,i feel that there are better lines on the market for the money.I"m beginning to think that does lower diameter line really catch you more fish??!!..The reason is last week i had a session on a lake with 2 rods,one of the rods had a slightly thicker hooklength...yet this rod had double the amount of takes??

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

quote:

.The reason is last week i had a session on a lake with 2 rods,one of the rods had a slightly thicker hooklength...yet this rod had double the amount of takes??
na just means that rod was where the fish were :)

Guest crazyhazy

Nah i didnt feel confident with it at all, after being snapped a couple of times my suspicions were confirmed!!

But edd,i intentionally put the hookbaits within a couple of feet of each other,used 12in hooklength,size 14 hook,and double sweetcorn for bait........so why did they take the corn attached to the thicker hooklength???,..beats me!!!!

Yog, when fishing for tench your hooklength is usually lying on the bottom and it is harder for the fish to inspect. Perhaps the thicker of your lines was limper, this would encourage more bites IMHO. I have found that resisitance is more of a handicap to tench bites than line diameter.

Well i went to the tackel shop and he said he stopped stocking double strength so i bought a different high tech line that is limp and still has a bit of streach. this i will use for the hooklength. i agree with gobio that limpness in the line is probably the factor when getting bites.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Gobio,,yes mate,good call,now you"ve pointed that out i totally agree,cheers.