best fish

woody_yeovil

Barbel, but I now live to far from any barbel waters to fish for them very often.

Still I have memories to fall back on.

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

I used to do a lot of Course fishing, the most memorable for me was a chub that I caught on the Trent at Clifton Bridge in Nottingham. I think I may have to have another go one day.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

me:

Carp definetly the most popular and best fish to catch they put up a good fight but they are worth it.

Sorry to disagree but Carp do not fight as hard as Barbel, not pound for pound anyway. :rolleyes:

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

No doubt about the barbel in a river and the carp in a lake.

I do think that it is more about what you set out to catch and what you are geared up for tackle wise though.

A roach on light tackle in a river, probably puts up as good a fight as a barbel does on barbel tackle.

The same probably applies to most other species as well.

........Liam

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

personally i think pound for pound in stillwaters that tench fight harder than carp.

but to go back to the question i cant narrow it down any more than Tench and big Rudd in the summer and spring, perch and zander autumn and winter.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk