littlefeathers

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aanthony:

Ahh, but so must of you then.   :D  

Yeah, but I'm proud of it

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yippeeee, at last, :P , I woke up this morning to a lovely big frothy head. :D:D (Not related to the bedroom department )

Now all I need is a bloody big stirrer.

witch_thumb.gif

I thought I'd show you a picture of littleonions, closely guarding her wine in case I get my hands on it. :D

[ 19. September 2003, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: littlefeathers ]

Littlefeathers

How much must did you make?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Air tight containers....

In prisons, they use old fire hydrants to make their christmas alcohol.

The lid should blow off when it's ready.

I've had the same thing happen with tiger nuts, when a jar of the prepared dynamite baits ones fermented for a few months then went POP ssssssssssssssssssssss as all the juices leaked out.

Smelt like red wine.

Originally posted by corydoras:

[QB] Littlefeathers

How much must did you make?

----------------------------------------

We made approx 4/5 gallons of it, I've got some books to read up on the subject, kindly recommended by Alan :) , thou I am more a practical than theory person and would prefer the hands on approach or in this case, hands in bucket approach. :D .

We've got some demi johns, at the ready, thou we are not sure as to how long we leave it in the bucket, some say a week, whilst others say longer :confused: . We've got a hydometer for readings, (very different from littleonions ones) thou it would help if we knew how and what we were reading :( . I think we're just having some fun, if it works and its drinkable :P at the end of it all then yipppeee, were make some more. Thou it would be nice to get it right ...... just for once.

About a week is fine. The longer the must is in the fermenting bin, the greater the chance there is that it will get infected by a vinegar fly and you will end up with 5 gallons of wine vinegar.

When making wine with drupes (fruits with stones in) or any other fruit that makes good jam, it is a good idea to add some pectolase before the fermentation starts or you may end up with a cloudy wine that will not clear.

Originally posted by little onions:

[QB] Little Feathers, it's just occurred to me that all this wine - approximately 11 gallons between us - should be just about drinkable when Mick and I tie the knot next year! OOOOPS! :D:D

------------------------------

So this time next year theres every possibility then that we could all be too p*ssed to do anything.

Lets hope we're not waving goodbye to that idea

closeup_bridegroom_md_wht.gif