12.2% Rip Off!!

Elton

Just got my latest Council Tax bill, which kindly informed me that my bill has been increased by 12.2% this year.

I have to pay £962.00 a year for sweet f.a. :mad:

The biggest increase is 22% for the police....we've got one bobby in this village and he hasn't even got a bloody car!

How much more do we have to put up with before we end up taking to the streets like so many of our European counterparts?

Ho, hum. And so starts another weekend....

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elton:

Just got my latest Council Tax bill, which kindly informed me that my bill has been increased by 12.2% this year.

I have to pay £962.00 a year for sweet f.a. :mad:

The biggest increase is 22% for the police....we've got one bobby in this village and he hasn't even got a bloody car!

How much more do we have to put up with before we end up taking to the streets like so many of our European counterparts?

Ho, hum. And so starts another weekend....

Elton

Elton, How else are the councillors supposed to get their overflated expenses. You don't really think they do it for any other reason do you.

calm down calm down ,elton ,ours went up by 14% + a 11% council rent increase ,your not after the chesters1 rant slot are you?.

makes me laugh when the cost of living is quoted at 2 odd % where do the government get their figures

as for the policeman we dont have one at all (he was put on a desk job and his house sold!!!)

unfortunatly if we all "rose up" then we`d probably be arrested (and our house burgled whilst at court)

i did have a rant on the subject at an earlier date

but remarks like" he who does the least complains the most" and another one about that i SHOULD pay for street lamps ,swimming baths etc that we dont have and i dont use.

p.s the councilors also gave themselves a 75% attendance rise as well!

:mad:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm going into Victor Meldrew mode this year and will endeavour to find out exactly what our Council Tax entitles us to.

Every single thing that doesn't come up to scratch will be reported and every facilty that I pay for will be used to the maximum.

When I reported the attempted break-in on my car the other day, I declined the offer of a personal visit of a police officer to record the details and the other offer of victim support. That won't happen again.

Time to switch off the PC and take the happy pills :D

Elton

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

p.s thanks to the cost cutting at the university of surrey YOU will be paying MY council tax and rent in a months time,thanks very much i appreciate it

if i had still been working the i would have had a cost of living rise of about £5 a week this wouldnt have even paid for the rent hike nevermind anything else ,so my pay rise is really not a rise at all.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

youl will be very surprised when you find out what you do get ,we dont have any lighting etc ,nothing useable at all (i live in a small village) the grass cutters come 3 times a year and thats about it the bins are emptied at the cost of £37 A YEAR so really i am subserdising others that have all the facilities

We don't have wheelie bins here, so we phoned last year to ask how we go about getting rid of grass cuttings. At our old house, it was okay to put them in the bin.

We have to pay extra to have them taken away here. In fact, we have to buy bin bags, too, as they give you about 20 a year :mad:

Elton

Rip off is right. Our police bill has gone up by 33.1% and the nearest police is 15 miles away with no local bobby. Other services are bin emptying and annual verge cut. No street lights or anything else. Overall increase 11.7%. :mad:

Well, never mind, to help pay these council tax increases (to say nothing of water, sewage, gas and electricity costs), that nice Mr Brown has increased my Old Age Pension ( that's what I call it in these "politically correct" times) by no less than 4.1% - Three whole pounds a week!! - no doubt hoping I will forget the notorious 75 pence per week "increase" a year or two back.

As I say to anyone who complains about government policies - "Well, you put 'em in!"

Amazing how cross people get at that

The same applies to moans about EU membership - no-one admits to voting "Yes"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

40 quid yes 40 quid to uplift an old fridge or freezer,thats in scotland dont know about down south.Thats why all the old fridges/freezers get dumped at the side of the road.

Bins get uplifted once a week,they dont even come and get them now YOU have to take them out for them.

:D moanin makes everybody smile :D

TAKE TO THE STREETS GET A FREE BREAKFAST FROM YOUR LOCAL BOBBY :mad: :mad: :mad: