Only three weeks

Rusty

I was intending to have a serious go for Pisswings from June onwards this year (not seriously carp fished in the UK or abroad for several years now) BUT after the way I struggled to cope with that 43 lbr last Friday once in the net I'm seriously thinking I might only be able to do so with help these days.My ME was playing up a bit and I had had a hard week leading up to the Fish In but I was somewhat shocked how much it took out of me...and that was on gear heavier than I normally use for carp twice that size! Bit of a wake up call......................

Also as the season has been so slow getting off to a start I still want to fit some dedicated tench (and maybe if the conditions are right) bream fishing in as well! So much to do so little energy to do it!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ME was playing up a bit and I had had a hard week leading up to the Fish In but I was somewhat shocked how much it took out of me...and that was on gear heavier than I normally use for carp twice that size! Bit of a wake up call......................

Also as the season has been so slow getting off to a start I still want to fit some dedicated tench (and maybe if the conditions are right) bream fishing in as well! So much to do so little energy to do it!

Blimey, Budgie, that's a heavy cross you're carrying. The wife has Fibromyalgia, which can be equally debilitating, and finds life a real struggle at times.

Hats off to you for refusing to give in to it.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Blimey, Budgie, that's a heavy cross you're carrying. The wife has Fibromyalgia, which can be equally debilitating, and finds life a real struggle at times.

Hats off to you for refusing to give in to it.

One of my mates suffers from Fibromyalgia (he fishes Wingham and posts on here) I see the pain he suffers as well as the tiredness I get and think myself lucky in comparison :sad: In fact considering how much Ive done in life and to be fair how much Ive abused my body I cant really complain at all!

Edited by Dick Dastardly

Ha ha, no, not the mighty pisswings! Any Thames carp will do me, it doesn't have to be big.

The Thames carp dont play this year mate I will show you the score next opening day on my local river for some early carp. Am exchange for the Chubbing you keep kindly offering but I never get around to taking you up on!

The Thames carp dont play this year mate I will show you the score next opening day on my local river for some early carp. Am exchange for the Chubbing you keep kindly offering but I never get around to taking you up on!

Sounds good, cheers budgie. The offer of the chubbing is always open, just let me know :) (they're bigger than the carp...!)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Ps errm, if you're looking to do some fenland lure fishing, get a KLAA book and try the Wissey. It's a lovely little river with plenty of pike and perch.

Thanks, I've looked at it and might get a ticket especially with your recommendation :-)

Its always nice to get back on the river. The first few weeks are never great fishing, but just being there is enough.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Thanks, I've looked at it and might get a ticket especially with your recommendation :-)

Hi Mate

I have had a KLAA ticket for a few years now.

they no longer have the wissey but they do have lots of good water.

I will join again this year.

Any up to date info you require just ask.

John

Hi Mate

John

Oops, sorry, I'm a bit out of date then. What a shame, it was still on the book a few years ago when I last joined and had been since I was a kid. It's a beautiful little river. We held the AN Wobblethon there a few years back.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi Mate

John

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it when the season opens. I think most of the information I need is things like location and depths and amount of weed but obviously I wouldn't expect someone to give away good pike areas.