Fishing Chair With No Arms

Elton

Posted on behalf of Lewie. Please add all replies to this thread:

hi i am looking for a chair with no arms but has long legs for ease of getting up with lots of comfort can anyone recomend one thanks lewie

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

The Chub Hi-Lite chair is worth a look: http://www.sportfish.co.uk/chub-hi-lite-chair.html

It depends on whether you want a basic light chair for roving or a more luxury heavy one for session fishing I guess. I was considering the Chub one recently when I was looking for a new roving chair, but settled on something else in the end.

The only other one with longer legs is the Nash Daddy Long Legs, but that has arms. That one is a bigger, heavier chair more suited to staying in one spot.

Pretty much all decent chairs have extendable legs, so most standard height chairs can be made higher by just extending all 4 legs.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I have the JRC version. It is just a basic chair, with adjustable legs but not adjustable backrest. It's light and comfortable for me at 6' 3" and about 16 stone

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Hi

The chub hi-lite chair was not high enough for me, I tried it in a new store just opened up in Penrith, Cumbria. They have lots of fishing chairs, but nothing suitable for supporting those bad backs! It is a lightweight model, though, but still not high enough. I guess unless you have the problem, you aren't really aware of the comfort and need of ease and care that able bodied people take for granted and manufacturers cater to.

Linda

I bought my last chair from these guys, excellent customer service and quite a wide range, many with extendable legs.

I managed to lose one of the locking nuts as well, rang them up to buy a replacement and they sent it free of charge, arrived the next day in the post.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Guest Chris Perch

I use the JRC adjustable legs with recliner good chair had it 10 years now but i did find that the rubber feet fell off a few times to start with so riveted them on and had no problems since it has seen a bit of service now but still ok and works fine.

They may be a bit more expensive but the chairs from Prestige engineering are very good. I have the one with arms for session fishing and they also do another without arms but with long legs and high back. There is one going cheaper at the moment which has been used once to make a video. Some links below

http://www.prestige-engineeringuk.co.uk/comfilightchair.html

http://prestige-engineeringuk.co.uk/spares...;products_id=79