Polls

Ken L

Just had a proper look around the revised site and spotted the polls section. The main topics seem to revolve around what should or shouldn't be banned in angling.

Now just as with last year the weather is warming up and it's not unreasonable to assume that when Parliament has it's little summer break, the nice boys and girls from PeTA will be back trying to take advantage of the lack of mainstreem news.

So the question is :

Is it a good idea to show the cracks and give directions to the best places to drive those wedges in ?

Secondly, is is a good idea to have argumemt and counter argument played out in a public forum so that the hand of anyone who has to support angling in the media is efectivly tipped ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I agree more positive views should be promulgated. Such as that in the EA publication Reel Life 2002. IE. coarse fisheries alone contributed £2 billion to the economy of England and Wales. Support for angling is strong, an overwhelming number of people agreed with the statement Angling is an acceptable pastime. One in six of the population has been freshwater fishing in the previous two years, thats seven million people! etc. etc. See pages two and three. Lets be more positive in our attitude to a great pastime whilst keeping our guard up.

how about having a poll on the poll`s section ,a democratic person like elton could see the results and act accordingly . :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Guest kingfisher

Why ban them? They may cause some upset for some but aleast we get an answer at the end of the poll.

The poll about banning fishing for sport was disrupted by just one individual who has no say in our fishing rights any way.

Keep the polls.

I have no argument with ferret or chesters, but I suspect a lot of people who read that polls thread agreed with Mike Connor.

I certainly did.

This website has deteriorated over the past few months with the political, back-biting, confrontational threads and comments that have been appearing.

Has anyone else noticed the absence of a lot of familiar names from the past ?

All quality posters, giving good advice and comment.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cranfield:

Has anyone else noticed the absence of a lot of familiar names from the past ?

All quality posters, giving good advice and comment. :(

Yup. Have noticed. Still have trouble understanding it though.

For myself, I like it on here and will be double-damned and dipped in stinky stuff if I will let my presence/absence depend on opinions and comments from other folks.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President