Virgin picture

peter mccue

DavyR:

I must have a very *clean* mind - I was expecting one of those miraculous "Our Lady Queen of Heaven" images that appear in the bottom of teacups, etc.    :D  

I believe you mate, honest. :P

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pictures Peter, my dad fishes the Swale quite often and had a 5lb barbel from the Skipton Bridge stretch last weekend. Hope to fish there myself in the next couple of weeks. I haven't fished a river for years so am looking forward to giving it a go.

Marzi

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Marzi, should that be Skip Bridge?

Long time since I fished the Swale, but it is (or was) a nice river to fish.

Some cracking fish Peter, I may even need to make a pilgrimage back to the rivers later this year.

Thanks for the kind words lads, but I do have a query.

Is the drop in quality part & parcel of resizing & posting pictures, or is there something I can do about it?

Marzi & Nick, funnily enough it's been years since I gave the rivers the attention they deserve. I spent 99% of my time on stillwaters for Carp, Catfish, Grassies etc. This past year has seen that reversed.

It's been amazingly refreshing, & I'm reminded of that genius Chris Yates passage from The Deepening pool. He wrote that, after fishing the Avon for the Barbel he realised that for the past few years fishing on stillwaters he was silting up & the rivers had flushed the silt & re-invigorated him.

Couldn't agree more.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Guest NickInTheNorth

Hi Peter

The pictures certainly look ok to me. The originals will doubtless be a tad sharper, part of the process of compressing them will make them lose a little quality (JPG is a lossy compression algorithm). However the positive side of that is that it enables folks like me that are still on dial up can load them in a reasonable time.

(JPG is a lossy compression algorithm).

Flaming heck Nick, I thought I'd done well managing to load the pictures, that may as well be Japanese to me!!!

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.