Online Fishing TV

Leon Roskilly

is there any underwater footage? that's the thing I'd like to see more of on fishing programs, the way bait is presented underwater and the way the fish react.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am i correct in thinking this is a free service? You don't get much for free, if at all, but the site doesn't actually state anything anywhere about any fee's! :huh:

most of it will be free but the new programming will be on a subscription basis, not hugely expensive though, somewhere in the region of £20-£30 per year, so a hell of a lot cheaper than Sky, which is nothing but repeats anyway!!

There is a good amount of underwater footage, we got some really stunning footage at one of the programme shoots that I did, but it wont be in all of the programmes as it wasnt available to start with and some venues dont lend themselves to underwater filming as there is too much sediment in the water etc.

Should be something to suit everyones taste, even Pete Wallers!! Certainly my programme will be more to your liking Pete as its only on predators ;)

Does anyone know whether this is Mac compatible?

will find out for you Roy for certain, but i am pretty sure that it is.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Alright mark, keep your knickers on, I've obviously touched a nerve, but I still stand by what I said, some things do and some things don't work on TV, fishing most certainly does not work, shows like A Passion for Angling work despite the fishing content, not because of it, in fact I say "shows like" I can't think of another show that does work.

I could take your points and answer them one by one but you'd probably find that as boring as I would so I won't bother, most of them however are pretty irrelevant though when discussing whether or not the shows will work, you've shot 20 shows, great, so that'll be quantity over quality then, a good start! The production team made another fishing show, wow, that's good! Surprising captures? watching fish being caught is dull,whether they're gudgeon or salmon. I obviously haven't seen the shows, and I probably never will.

I'm glad you've been given the opportunity to present and I hope your show is a success. Having worked in Television for 15 years and seen many new shows and new presenters come and go, and know that I by now know what will and won't work. Fishing is and always will be, a niche market on TV, so internet subscription channels are probably the way forward for it, assuming the massive, as yet unsurmounted problems with IP TV as a technical feat are overcome.

Alright mark, keep your knickers on, I've obviously touched a nerve, but I still stand by what I said, some things do and some things don't work on TV, fishing most certainly does not work, shows like A Passion for Angling work despite the fishing content, not because of it, in fact I say "shows like" I can't think of another show that does work.

I could take your points and answer them one by one but you'd probably find that as boring as I would so I won't bother, most of them however are pretty irrelevant though when discussing whether or not the shows will work, you've shot 20 shows, great, so that'll be quantity over quality then, a good start! The production team made another fishing show, wow, that's good! Surprising captures? watching fish being caught is dull,whether they're gudgeon or salmon. I obviously haven't seen the shows, and I probably never will.

I'm glad you've been given the opportunity to present and I hope your show is a success. Having worked in Television for 15 years and seen many new shows and new presenters come and go, and know that I by now know what will and won't work. Fishing is and always will be, a niche market on TV, so internet subscription channels are probably the way forward for it, assuming the massive, as yet unsurmounted problems with IP TV as a technical feat are overcome.

Your welcome to your opinion mate, but there are a lot of anglers that do want to watch angling on the box, or on their computer etc etc.

Hoppefully those people will enjoy the shows, and they most certainly are not quantity over quality, what they are though is centred on the fun that fishing can be, warts and all!!!

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Your welcome to your opinion mate

As are you!

Our opinions may differ but it doesn't mean we have to fall out, and to be honest I hope you prove me wrong, I doubt you will, but I don't mind if you do!

watching fish being caught is dull,whether they're gudgeon or salmon.

Jon, You've caught my wifes sentiments exactly although it sounds more like:

"GUMP, How can you watch that stupid $h!t?!" :lol:

Mark, I look forward to these new shows regardless of how they are presented. i.e. IP or televised.

Edited by Jeff S

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Jon, You've caught my wifes sentiments exactly although it sounds more like:

"GUMP, How can you watch that stupid $h!t?!" :lol:

Mark, I look forward to these new shows regardless of how they are presented. i.e. IP or televised.

I look forward to them too,believe it or not some people don`t have sky!!At the moment I have youtube.