lack of talented musicians

Andy_1984

im not up to speed with todays musicians, if you can call them that with their auto tones and terrible lyrics. when searching on google for some of the older musicians such as bob dylan and the likes a lot of the origonal songs were gone with only covers by people who havnt hit the big time and i have to say a fair few of them i believe do a better version or are far more naturally gifted.

for example ive been listening to alot of this girl lately https://www.youtube.com/user/guitaura

have to say im far more enjoying listening to amateurs performing than some jumped up celebrity with too much bloody money.

Youtube Video ->

listen to her blackbird cover too. i like this one better :)

anyone else have any good covers or originals.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Try these, a local band, saw them busking in the town centre on Saturday.

Chloe and the High Tides

There is a sample of their songs included.

That lass is very good, thanks

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Pleasing on the ear and the eye. Thanks, Andy.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

She's got a nice voice, and she's now very competent at that finger-picked style - it's interesting to look at her earlier videos and see how she has developed as a guitarist over a relatively short period of time.

I get sent demos of tracks from all over the place.

I got sent this a couple of years ago by this young lad Tom Andrews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohylC9p3gSY...;feature=relmfu

He was only young, was just learning to play guitar..(lol)..But could certainly sing.

I eventually met up with him and found out that he had raised the entirety of the money for his track and video himself.

He was so determined that I was well impressed, and managed to get him on certain playlists.

It didn't take too long for him to be spotted, and since then he has been signed with an american label.

He still remains a nice guy though, as he said to me, "since i could walk all i have wanted to do is sing".

You can see the track has now had 178,000 odd plays. So happy for him.

All,

Listened to both aspiring artists. Is there no one left on the planet that can enunciate the English language without trying to sound like they are "crossover" from Texas USA? Does that automatically go with a git'tar?

Phone

Is there no one left on the planet that can enunciate the English language without trying to sound like they are "crossover" from Texas USA?

Phone

The Pouges

Madness

the Proclaimers

Chas and Dave

Lily Allen

:)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

All,

Listened to both aspiring artists. Is there no one left on the planet that can enunciate the English language without trying to sound like they are "crossover" from Texas USA? Does that automatically go with a git'tar?

Phone

Have to reply here Phone, it is a bit the other way around, no matter what voice inflection( natural) the artist seems to have they all, it is the good one,s come out singing English.

Richard.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Med, Emma two,

I think(?) I am agreeing with you. I prefer singing in English without an "Am. westernish" sound. I found these two recorded examples very close. I admit, I am by NO No no means a good judge of talented singers. In fact, Emma two, you will probably believe me when I say I haven't heard any of those 5. I am a musical slug.

Phone