Never seen one of these cantrepins before

Tigger

Right. I can see it now.....

Looks very nice, would love to see or hear impressions from people who actually use it though.

Looks exactly like my Okuma - but with the useful addition of a line guard. My Okuma Sheffield is brilliant but cost £140 - this one comes from Dragon Carp and looks a steal at £40 http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/A...repin-Reel.html

Thinking it will be my next pin - I need 2 line strengths

M

Don't knock it Ian, you know your going to have to buy one. :)

Narrrh, i'll leave it for you Brian, you need a few more pins and i've got clogged up with pins :lol:

A bit blatant though copying the sheffield facia like that .

its a dragoncarp reel ,its the clone of the old 4.25" x-pin ,dragoncarp brought all the old stock of the 4" x-pin and called it the marco contessi ,now they're using the basic 4.25" x-pin carcus and have different spools made ,this hasa a sheffield type fasia ,which is quite a improvement over the standard marco contessi mkII (x-pin ) ,had a look at one of these triniums in the new nottingham (just off the A52 ,bardels island) store ,they are nice (as all the x-pin clones are) although i'm not a big fan of open backed reels these are ok i guess bit smaller than a okuma sheffield or dragoncarps own rotorglide (sheffield clone) ,ok its dragoncarp so ,its best if you can have a fondle first as quality control isn't all it could be sometimes at the factory .a good reel for a good price .personally i'll be waiting for the new limited matt hayes range and the x-pin based aerial

the real problem with this reel is wether you buy it or the rotorglide for a few dollers more ,theres a £40 difference in price & ¼" in dia difference ,rodgers not daft ,two simular looking reels both less than £100 .

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

At these prices, I'd start digging about on the Go Outdoors siite: IF you can find one near to you, the Okuma Aventa Pro is still available from them for about £54 ... the quality difference is substantial. B)

Edited by PeterNE1

At these prices, I'd start digging about on the Go Outdoors siite: IF you can find one near to you, the Okuma Aventa Pro is still available from them for about £54 ... the quality difference is substantial. B)

Can't argue with that.