Your mission, should you choose to undertake it.....

Old geezer

In the next week.....

WEATHER

Sunny day, rain, snow, whatever you can take in the next seven days :)

Try to show us something interesting :P

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that. I hadn't been out with the camera actually looking for things to photograph but this got me off my hindparts.

Weather Reflections

a-sky-reflection-1.jpg

a-sky-over-trees-1.jpg

a-sky-over-road.jpg

a-sky-over-pier-2.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Good to see the Old Geezer giving this section a bit of a kick start.

This photograph is of Scotlands most southerly lighthouse at the Mull of Galloway. We moved to Drummore three years ago having bought a house there ten years previous. I would regulary make trips to Drummore from Peel I.o.M. in my boat and the Mull of Galloway was the first waypoint I'd make course for. The tides around the Mull are incredibly fierce and have to be seen to be believed, not a place for the faint hearted or the inexperienced.

MullLight181211d.jpg

This is a photograph of a tholtan on High Slock, a few miles from home. I was out there walking last week planning on shooting the sunset. The earlier promise faded with little colour in the sky, hence the mono conversion. We have had a pretty poor summer up here so far photography wise and the outlook is pretty grim.

TholtanInshanks1HDRMono.jpg

So Newt, I have a favour to ask, can you russle up some good weather in Florida from the 18th. Sept, we'll be over your side staying in Homosassa and then down the Keys............................. some sunshine would be nice.

Edited by Manxman

Right at the height of the hurricane season - brave man.

The weather should be perfect - plenty of sun - unless it is massively horrible. :D :D

Great photos and of places I've never seen and probably won't. My loss.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I mentioned hurricanes and storms to my wife when she was planning this holiday, didn't seem to worry her. I am hoping to get a thunder storm or two to get some lightning shots, should be the right weather.

1345495191348.jpg

Here ya go...nothin amazing but I love the symmetry of the image

Beautiful pic Kiri :)

Great stuff Cliff. Keep them coming :)

Edited by Old geezer

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

Out walking the hills this evening. I have been planning to photograph this Standing Stone for some time, the problem previously was that a Jersey bull and his harem of heifers were in the field.

Jersey bulls have a bad reputation for being particulary nasty, the one that was in this field until yesterday, has a big chip on his shoulder and my friend who owns him advised me not to even think about going in the field with him present.

This evening he was gone and just the hiefers were left in and these are very laid back.

StandingStone1_HDR.jpg