Your mission, should you choose to undertake it.....

Old geezer

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good to see the Old Geezer giving this section a bit of a kick start.

This photograph is of Scotlands most southerly lighthouse at the Mull of Galloway. We moved to Drummore three years ago having bought a house there ten years previous. I would regulary make trips to Drummore from Peel I.o.M. in my boat and the Mull of Galloway was the first waypoint I'd make course for. The tides around the Mull are incredibly fierce and have to be seen to be believed, not a place for the faint hearted or the inexperienced.

MullLight181211d.jpg

This is a photograph of a tholtan on High Slock, a few miles from home. I was out there walking last week planning on shooting the sunset. The earlier promise faded with little colour in the sky, hence the mono conversion. We have had a pretty poor summer up here so far photography wise and the outlook is pretty grim.

TholtanInshanks1HDRMono.jpg

So Newt, I have a favour to ask, can you russle up some good weather in Florida from the 18th. Sept, we'll be over your side staying in Homosassa and then down the Keys............................. some sunshine would be nice.

For the Lighthouse picture, the person who took it willl you please choose the next subject for this week.

This week, therefore, i't's manxman. You pick any subject you want to and everyone else you need to take a picture that fits in with his brief!!!!

Well dome Manx!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

For the Lighthouse picture, the person who took it willl you please choose the next subject for this week.

This week, therefore, i't's manxman. You pick any subject you want to and everyone else you need to take a picture that fits in with his brief!!!!

Well dome Manx!

nice one Manxman!! looking forwrads to the next challenge!

Well dome Manx!

So, is this week finished now after only 6 days or do you still want weather pics (not that I have anything good). Dunno.gif

Ayjay, you're right. I can only say I have not been well and seem to have lost a day :(

This is Wednesday and from now on challenges will run from Wednesday to Wednesday. Each week the winner from the current week will select the winner of his challenge and select the new challenge.

Hope that makes sense.

Feel free too PM me in case you aren't sure. Sorry for my mistake guys :(

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)

I know this is just a bit of fun but might I suggest a few "rules"?

Digital manipulation allowed? Cropping ok but nothing else?

Photos taken only in given week period!

That type of thing?

Edited by kirisute

I think it would be to hard on everyone if you could only post what you have taken in the week of the "Mission".

Digital manipulation? I wouldn't be able to post without it as all I shoot in is RAW.

Perhaps maybe run it monthly.

I'm easy............... well so the girls say.

I think it would be to hard on everyone if you could only post what you have taken in the week of the "Mission".

Well, that was what the first post said. :) :) :)

Sunny day, rain, snow, whatever you can take in the next seven days :)

.........but we've been here before, everyone has their own idea about rules. :) :) :)

Lots of smilies, just to hopefully pre-empt any misunderstandings.

How about a few very subtle tweaks that will hardly be noticed?

A serious question though - wouldn't beginning of Wednesday thru end of Tuesday work better? Otherwise it would seem that on Wednesday we'd have a mix of themes.

bldg_w_clouds_purple.jpg

purple_dogs.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well, that was what the first post said. :) :) :)

.........but we've been here before, everyone has their own idea about rules. :) :) :)

Lots of smilies, just to hopefully pre-empt any misunderstandings.

Yeah the fun of the challenge is working within the time limit!