Mitt Romney on Candid Camera

corydoras

It's amazing the things that politicians will say when they think they are among friends and they are unaware that a camera is rolling.

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->

Youtube Video ->
Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Lets not forget that as a multi millionaire who was by his own admission born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Mit Romney paid just 14.1% tax in 2011.

I'm sure most of the super rich around the tables in the video will have similar arrangements but I do wonder how much tax the average Republican voter would pay.

Whatever the figure, just imagine the look of indignant disgust on Romney's face should they have the audacity to expect an education for their kids or emergency medical treatment without being frisked for a credit card in return for their tax dollars.

BTW, I still like the

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Ken,

I very much distrust the words "percent and taxes" in the same sentence when it comes to the very rich of any political persuasion.

In the US common people think of "taxes" as "income taxes" when reported in lump sums. It is entirely possible 15% (of any particular number) could be the "sales tax" on the purchase of a lovely Cayman Island. Very few - if any - pay 15% tax on current income.

The "very rich" probably do their share in one way or another regardless of politics. It's just that most do it "their way" without government oversite. A lot more efficient really. That's assuming it is truely benevolent.

The problem children are the "wantabe" nearly rich. Just not enough "chill dope" to go around in this world I guess.

Phone

BTW, you've misspelled that word. The "very rich" word now starts with a "b" - not an "m". Forbes 400 has over 100 "b's" now I believe(?).