best music artist ever

hembo

who is your favourite music artist and why ?

to start the ball rolling mine is bjork . she never ceases to amaze me . after a hard day at work i just like to unwind and her music has such depth you never get bored listening to it

(apart from its so quiet which was sh*t)

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is a German band called Tangerine dream.

They have been around since the 70s and are still going strong.

They play a sort of electronic easy listening /sometimes uptempo music and have done quite a few film sontracks too.

I have over 40 of there albums :D

If you like Jm Jarre then you would like most of Tangerine dream albums.

my wife likes tangerine dream, we had some of there tracks from "Legend" played at our wedding....my fav has to be pink floyd, ever since losing my virginity listening to "Meddle" (many moons ago :D )got hooked on them then, saw them in concert when they did animals, awesome stage show, great band :D:D

hembo:

who is your favourite music artist and why ?

to start the ball rolling mine is bjork .  

LOL! Guess whose album I bought on Saturday? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

which one ?

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

My choice would be Marc Bolan. Long since gone but not forgotten. Still listen to some of his pre T.Rex stuff and can't believe how poetic some of it is. The T.Rextasy days were good fun, some good tracks around too. Electric Warrior and The Slider are both superb albums. Marc would have been a star no matter what he wanted to do, he had that 'star-quality' that we don't see in todays Pop-Idol conveyor belt so-called stars.

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

Freddy Mercury for me.

Paul

Tyke:

Mine is a German band called Tangerine dream.

They have been around since the 70s and are still going strong.

They play a sort of electronic easy listening /sometimes uptempo music and have done quite a few film sontracks too.

You old hippy! I down loaded some of their new stuff recently, much to hard core trance for me bit like Steve Hillage, he went the same way (Shame!).

For me it has to be one of the following

Bowie, Zappa or Jagger. There are plenty of superb musicians but to me those had something else, they lead the way, least thats what I think!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com