best music artist ever

hembo

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dido, only 2 albums but sooooooooooooooo good. better than all the junk R,n,B thats out at the moment, I mean who wants to hear about a bloke with two hats who thinks he is a p.i.m.p?

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail

Me, I like System of a Down, Soil, Disturbed, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Staind, Korn, Linkin Park, Lost Prophets, Papa Roach and for easy listening, Nickel Back, One Hundred Reasons and the Manic's.

Dido is cool, especially liked her when he did backing vocals for Faithless, another group that I like to chill out to. Wicked live!! :cool:

TQ is cool ...West Side 'til I die.... Pukka! :cool:

I must be getting old because I'm going off all this, errrr, yo, yo, yo, bro, wassssuuup, ya know what I'm sayin' whilst holding yer crotch, kind of stuff! :confused:

That sort of music just ain't the same since the fugees split. :(

Don't mind some of this stuff that has a bit of an asian twist, but there's nothing like hard rock for me.

[ 23. October 2003, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

ok .... I like Elton John, Eric Clapton, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Mary J Blige, Pink, Eagles, carpenters,Abba, Big Brothaz, Robbie, Beyonce: as you can see quite a mix but if you ask me who the best of all time is I would have to answer : ELVIS :D:D

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Awaaar,

I saw the Ozric's live at Hull Uni once. It was one of them Megadog all nighters they used to do with Planet Dog Recordings. Aphex Twin started the lineup and then it was the Ozrics and then Eat Static, System 7 and Banco De Gaia to finish. That has to have been the weirdest gigs I've ever been to. People wandering round dressed as aliens and alike. The "music" was good though. Thought the Ozrics were just getting tuned up at first but twenty minute after they started, I thought surely they must have started by now :D . I think you maybe had to be on something to really get into the vibe :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for my best artists.

Points score for originality and playing the media game has to go to The KLF/Timelords/Justified Ancients Of Mu Mu/K Foundation...whatever they call themselves these days.

Dance music side of things has to be The Prodigy.

Rock/Metal has to be Iron Maiden or Queen.

All time "listen to anytime any place" has to be Queen.

Tight Lines.

Chris.

Having grown up in the USA, Mississippi to be exact, I was introduced to religious, soul (R&B), blues, jazz and classical music at an early age. I was raised in the church, father was Baptist minister, so the religious side of me was first. The Reverend Cleothus Robinson would have the forefront;R&B would be the Isley Brothers;Blues would be B. B. King & Bobby Blue Bland;Jazz has multiple stages, but Quincy Jones is first; Classical would be Beethoven. With moms direct influence, I learned piano followed by trombone for myself. I am most fond of R&B, but will go teary eyed if a melody touches me the right way. Guess what, if I hear the pipes playing Amazing Grace, I am in total bliss. :):D

HOPPY