Gutted!

Colin Payne

Dvarcet:

So do they overcharge? I think they do!

Vets spend quite a few years studying, paying university fees, and going without, to get the qualifications that they need.

Clever people (mostly), they could be studying to become doctores, lawyers, accountants etc.

They have as much right to the rewards from their efforts as any other profession. Nice house, nice car etc. A bit better than if they had simply left school and got any job that they could find.

It may seem wrong, when you don't earn a fraction of what they do, to have to hand over your hard-earned money for what doesn't seem a lot, but what you are paying for is all those years of study, setting up a practice etc.

If being a vet didn't offer the chance of an above average life-style, then the people with ability and determination to get through the years of study, would use their talents to some more lucrative end.

You can't blame them for asking for professional fees when they could probably be earning a lot more doing something else.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Leon, I totally agree. It was just that they seemed to have a total lack of compassion, and the main one in question just happened to drive a nice car. So with all the thoughts of what had happened to us we seemed to pick on this fact as a point against him. The main thing is though that I was not quibbling about the prices, they were mentioned only to illustrate the story. It was just at that for the sort of money they earn you would have thought the people there would have little bit of common sense. This was a senior vet in the practice and it seemed he was only concerned with collecting the cash, hence our remarks on his car. As to the cost of the cremation Chris, it was £110 with £15 for the casket. I think its time to move to the frozen north!!!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

Colin.

As a guy with a house full of animals. I can see why you feel miffed about `Widgetts` treatment.

Fortunately my local vets` practise is a tad more understanding.

As Leon stated they spend years studying? So do most other folk. I`ve spent a total of 11yrs studying. To get a posh car and a nice house? No.

Just to stay in employment! Vets` are either failed doctors or folk that had a certain empathy with animals. The latter make the best vets.

Anyone that studies with the view to their future prospects, had better go into money management, where they`ll be found lacking sooner than later!!

All the vets at our local surgery are never less than curtious and considerate. Maybe its` because they recognise my voice over the phone. Or maybe because I meet them socially? Few of them drive new, expensive cars. And none of them, save the owner of the practise lives in a large house!

I wonder why some folks in the Vetinarian profession, feel a need to do so.

Colin. I think you just signed up with a bad practise?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!