halibut boilies for barbel

what do you lot think to using halibut boilies for barbel? i've heard not to use shelf-life boilies for barbel because of the preservatives in them. so why was the british record barbel caught on shelf-life boilies?(source boilies) i'm planning a trip barbel fishing this weekend so any help will be much appriciated.

thanks.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree stick with a halibut pellet. I use 10mm - 14mm and they are great.

Infact I may have more proof for you after the weekend. Off to the warks avon the weekend :D

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

source,trigga,maple-8,activ-8 allwork very well.plus you dont have to **** about drilling pellets,maggots are good but require corect feeding and presentation.

meat is pants for anything other than eels.

or do something completely different,and try,cockles(non-pickled)prawns,bacon rind,corn all sorts!

be quite honest theres bugger all difrence between halibuts and decent boilies.failing that make your own boilies from ground down halibut pellets!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

mr. bean:

what do you lot think to using halibut boilies for barbel? i've heard not to use shelf-life boilies for barbel because of the preservatives in them. so why was the british record barbel caught on shelf-life boilies?(source boilies) i'm planning a trip barbel fishing this weekend so any help will be much appriciated.

thanks.

Been using them for a while now, try the frozen ones!

If you dont want to drill then do what I do, use a bait band :D

OR

you can tie a knot less knot and superglue the pellets to the hair.

TADDAR .. no drilling :D

Joel

2PhJuly2013sig_zps25c667b8.jpg

I use boilies for Barbel with great results although I do prefer pellets. I have found that a switch to boilie if pellet is slow usually produces so I always carry them. The boilies also seem to wrinkle out the better fish. As for flavours I have found it does vary from river to river, one flavour is good on one but is useless on another.

Paul