Music Downloads

Elton

So, where do all the naughty mucis downloaders go now that AudioGalaxy is dead? Err, my mate wants to know

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've almost given up since AG closed.

That was a top site once you'd sussed the groups/complete album/blocked tracks out.

Occasionally grab the odd track from WinMX and tried a few others but they're not a patch on AG :(

I did however manage to get about 20 GBs of music whilst it was up & running. :D

HB.

Dan - Kazaa is serious spyware. Loads your PC with all sorts of crap you don't really want and sends lots of information out without asking your permission.

My suggestion would be KazaaLite which does the same job but does not contain spyware. Different company and the Kazaa folks hate em,

Kazaalite Download.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt.

Ere...... I just tried to down load Kazaalite 1.7.1 to find the download includes the Trojan JS/Close - is nothing sacred! Fortunately 1.7.2 seems ok

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Dan - interesting about the js.noclose being with an older version.

It is spyware but isn't a virus-style trojan. Still, it is contrary to what the kazaalite folks were trying to do and they would probably appreciate an email telling them they have an infected version.

Symantec (Norton) has a short bit about it at this link. I'll quote the meat of it:

quote:

While JS.Noclose may be annoying, it is not malicious. It is code that is used by a Web site to create hidden windows for the purpose of displaying advertisements and banner ads. Closing these windows can be difficult, because when you close one, the window that is "hidden" behind it is displayed.

There is no malicious payload involved in this type of code and as such, your system is not endangered. For this reason Symantec does not detect such scripts as viral.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President