Mr Crabtree - Carp (watch ladt bit in slow motion)

RUDD

Just watched it - very nice couple of first carp for the young lad including a 20.

My favorite part was the floater fishing, I still miss bites and suffer the frustration of the method but it is my favorite way of catching them.

If you watch closely when they put the lads last carp that was caught on a dog biscuit back (I had to rewind and played in slow motion), the cheeky carp swims off, turns and takes another dog biscuit off the surface!!!!

• Like 1

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I have a ton of footage of Reepham carp taking bait off the surface, being hooked and just feeding, and its always an absolute pleasure to watch it!

With my editing software I can slow it down etc and its great fun to watch!

Looking forwards to catching up on this episode on Sundays repeat.

Please don't spoil it by saying what was caught!

I've just seen a recording of this episode and again I enjoyed it, as did Peggy who's a non-angler. Well she is now - she went fishing until the day we got married and hasn't been since. It was me who got caught!

• Like 2

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Great to see how much of a physical challenge it is for the wee lad to get the carp in! I remember the first carp I caught, it was about ten pounds, I was on holiday in Devon, 12 or 13 years old and quite small for my age, and it nearly pulled me in :lol:

That was on a floater, too.

Edited by Steve Walker
  • Like 1

If you watch closely when they put the lads last carp that was caught on a dog biscuit back (I had to rewind and played in slow motion), the cheeky carp swims off, turns and takes another dog biscuit off the surface!!!!

That just proves exactly what I was saying in the carp rigs thread. Carp are NOT that smart.

Edited by Andy Macfarlane

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Unbelievable!!

Just watching this after recording it earlier!

What do i see? Poor kids sat there in front of two rods stuck on bite alarms and he sitting nestled amongst the most perfect reed bed!!

He could be fishing at his bloody feet, bagging up on carp and whatever fish are hanging about in there!!

Me no comprende!!

I just wish he'd stop yelling "Strike!" and grabbing the kid's rod.

And it would be nice if he learned how to sink the landing net and slide the fish over the top of it instead of jabbing it at the fish like a demented lunatic!

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional :-)