Small tackle storage box

davedave

Evening all,

I'm tearing my hair out, i'm looking for a storage box to fit all my 'end bits' in; hooks, forceps, scissors, multitool, disgorgers, weights, shot, hooks, hooklengths etc. At the moment i'm using an old fruitcake tin, which does the job, but is getting a bit rusty and is a bit small, so I have to take everything out of it to get to what i'm after.

DSC00005_zps4ab134f4.jpg

I've looked all over the internet and mostly all there is is carp accesories and cheap chinese plastic crap that looks like it wouldn't last a week. I've looked in my tackle shops, and most of that is carp stuff (rig boards etc). I've even been looking at buying a lunchbox or something like that but again I don't think the flimsy plastic is up to it.

What I need is something that is made of strong plastic, is about 10" x 8" and 2.5" deep, preferably with one or two dividing compartments but not loads of small compartments, is durable, under £15, preferably green or black, with a good strong lid and will fit in a rucksack.

Does anybody know anywhere where I can get something like this? I've looked all over the internet and the best i've come up with is this:http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/Carp-Kinetics-Medium-Complete-Storage-Box.html If I can't get anything better that is what I will go with.

Thanks, Dave

Edited by davedave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

I've got a couple I use that sre similar to the CK box and they are lasting quite well. I got them (not at the same time) from the stalls that sell cheap stuff at The Big One tackle show. Failing that look at the Tupperware range, which are quite durable

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Thanks for the suggestion but I really want something to fit into my rucksack, as i'm normally carrying a chair and landing net I like to have everything else on my back or shoulders (ie rucksack and rod quiver). I used to take a small toolbox which I had everything in but it was just uncomfortable walking any distance with a lot of stuff in your hands.

Thanks

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

WNB thanks. The problem being in somerset is that all the tackle shows are normally in the midlands, and so a good few hours drive away, so i'm yet to go to one :(

The tupperware is good stuff, the plastic doesn't crack or snap like the cheap lunchboxes they sell in supermarkets, but is more flexible.

This one is also worth a look on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350686316839

I haven't got the set, but when I've posted it on Facebook, others have said they've got it and it's comparable to the more expensive 'brand name' ones.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What about this one Tackle Box

or you could consider a material based one, much better for tucking in a rucksack. Its a very personal thing though as what suits one may not suit you.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

I suspect I've got the one that Elton posted a link too but with a different brand name. It may be a little too big for what you're wanting at 14ins x 11ins, but I'm very pleased indeed with it.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Stewart tackle box! That's a blast from the past, very strong, had one for years, probably still kicking around in my dad's garage. Must take a look next time I'm down there.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?