The last day

Anderoo

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys, I'm rooting for ya!

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

I went out after a warming lunch of trout and vegetable soup, to try a very chubby looking spot on my little river, where it follows the road round a bend and has dug out a channel under the road bank. I trotted bread along the channel and had two very lean chub in two casts, then no more, so loaded up and headed back to the local park, where I had a gudgeon fest I ended up with with about forty of the 1 oz bait stealers and one near pound chub, fattened by the many duck feeding mums. Have you noticed that the last day of the season is usually a very sunny day?

I blagged the afternoon off - only fair, I couldn't fish on Sunday because I was working. I had to fish a river, really. I thought about a last crack at the chub or a perch session, but decided that what I really fancied was a bit of trotting. That meant Thames or grayling, and I chose Thames. The river was pushing through but quite clear and cold, conditions I've always found to be hard. It did occur to me that it would fish really well if it had grayling in it! Anyway, the outcome was singularly bleak - literally!

I walked back past my favourite perch swim, which has twice given me PB perch on the last day of the season - looked perfect :(

Just back from a chub fest on the Kennet - 16 chevins - the majority over 3lb and a best fish of 5.02. All caught trotting, half on corn and half on maggot...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Thankfully there was a very late flurry of activity at the pond, 5 bites in fairly quick succession at dusk, all from the same spot. Three were from chub, one of which fell off halfway in because of a turned over hook point (one about 2lb and the other quite a good one at just over 4lb), and the other two were perch - a 2.05 and a 2.04. All on prawn.

Phew!

Quite a fair result given that it was frozen over when I arrived, and nice that my final fish of the season was a 2lb+ perch. It's been a very perchy season!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Well done to one and all!

I still haven't got fishing as I've been tied to the office. Hopefully next week - either piking at Wingham or more likely perching on a commercial. But then I've said that every week for ages!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Nothing here despite a chopped worm feeder with lob as hookbait and float fish lob both placed in prime position. Fished 'til 6:45 so gave them every chance.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Thankfully there was a very late flurry of activity at the pond, 5 bites in fairly quick succession at dusk, all from the same spot. Three were from chub, one of which fell off halfway in because of a turned over hook point (one about 2lb and the other quite a good one at just over 4lb), and the other two were perch - a 2.05 and a 2.04. All on prawn.

Phew!

Quite a fair result given that it was frozen over when I arrived, and nice that my final fish of the season was a 2lb+ perch. It's been a very perchy season!

It was a very good result, well done for brassing it out, I have to say that I didn't fancy your chances given the floating ice and tree removal activities.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back