Quiz Questions - 'Bright Sparks' required

Chris Plumb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

I'm struggling...they all seem a bit obscure

48. Barnstable? (Gotta be something's table)

53. Derby? (I know George Moore is a trainer, but..)

78. Southampton?

You're doing my head in...

WOW - Gee thanks guys!!!A couple of questions for you?

Graham X - Littlehampton's too many letters - what was your thinking (may still be on the right lines...)

53 - Derby is what we've got but it's definitely the answer to another clue. George Moore was also a famous jockey in the 60's and did WIN the Derby in 67 I think - I reckon the answer MAY be the name of a horse...He did win a number of classic I believe.

Sultan - why Sale ?

And yes I got to the Sandown Class vessel - Grimsby don't really fit the borders part of the clue....

Thanks again and keep those brain cells working ...

Chris

[ 11. December 2002, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Guest sslatter

Graham X - Littlehampton's too many letters - what was your thinking (may still be on the right lines...)

Whoops! Ummm..right..well..I was thinking about what the principle of an incompetent "queen" might be..catch my drift? I can't spell it out for you..this is a family site. But thinking about it now, I'm more inclined to think that the answer might end in "..ingham" or "..ing", or "..ham" as in Effingham or Wittering. But I've lost my one brain cell at the mo.

I'll check out this year's Derby result. I know George Moore had the winner of a big race last Saturday, but I was only half-listening. They said something about "George Moore's big double". I'll check it out.

Anyone know what the atomic symbol for element 20 is? And element 3? Element 203? (O-level Chemistry was a long time ago, but I don't remember there being so many elements?)Then it might be an anagram of A-L and two other letters. Brain damage.

Guest sslatter

53. Fleet (Hants)

There are two George Moores in racing. The australian one (ex-jockey) won the 1967 1000 Guineas on a horse called Fleet.

Nurse? Nurse?