Quiz Questions - 'Bright Sparks' required

Chris Plumb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

Ok...found a four-letter generic ceramic that uses Alumina in it (that Al. Titanate definition was from a c**p site-it was Alumina like you said-apologies)- and the name is Wade, but I couldn't tell you if there's a town called "Wade" in England. Anyone?

OK so we've got 8 to get - which as we're on a second page I'm re-posting below....

44 THE WOODEN LEGGED FIDDLER REVEALED A CITY (10)

45 TERMINALIZATION WAS HIS TERM (10)

57 RUSKIN'S AIRLINE PARTNER(6)

64 SANDOWN CLASS MEMBER FROM THE BORDERS(7)

78 FOUND IN TITANIC (11)

86 LIES AND DREAMS FOLLOWED THESE DOGS(8)

93 LAUGHTER AND TEARS GETS YOU ON THE RIGHT TRACK(8)

97 THE PRINCIPLE OF THE INCOMPETENT QUEENS FOR EXAMPLE(12)

Does 78 refer to the Film??

Is 93 alluding to a piece of music??

is 97 referring to social insects (ants and bees have queens)?

Any other 'could be's' that you can think of that are worth investigating???

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

And just to show I'm not shirking!!! I've 'googled' another one down ...57 is WITNEY

AIRLINE - a 1980's TV drama - lead characters were Ruskin & Witney (Who were partners trying to set up there own airline)...

7 more...

Chris

Couple of vague thoughts: (44) did Chester in one of those old westerns have a wooden leg, or just a limp,anyway, does Winchester fit the bill in any way?I can't see it but.......

(45) Terminalisation (english spelling?)is this anything to do with railway terminii or someone perhaps like Dr.Beeching or a more modern equivalent with a suitable name?

(64) Sandown class,is this definitely 7 letters? There is a Blythe (Northumberland)but it's also spelt without the *e* on some sites.The interesting thing is when I first came across it I miscounted the letters and thought Blythe had 7,someone else may have done the same thing or perhaps a typo.

(78) Titanic: I believe that they have recently brought up some stuff from the Titanic,seem to remember lots of crockery etc.would this have a town name as in Royal Worcester Porcelain or something similar?

(86) Dogs with town names,Stafford is one with eight letters,(but it's full name is a Staffordshire bull terrier),there was a singer Jo Stafford any clues in songs there? Airedale is another 8 letter one,also Sealyham and Shetland.

My brain hurts again now, and I've got to go blanking soon.

Guest sslatter

Thoughts...

44. There was a wooden-legged character in an old western TV series called 'Gunsmoke' but I was only little. I do remember his catchphrase as he hobbled down the main street though.."MISHTER DILLON!! MISHTER DILLON!" I think he may have been called Chester, but am not sure.

57. Neil Sedaka record? Is your ex-boss that obscure/sad? ;-)I'd been thinking along the lines of BA.... that makes a town with a racetrack? Oh well..

64. Does "the Borders" refer to the english side of the english-scottish border? Or are the letters E-D-G-E in the answer somewhere?

78. If not Soton, then a town's name that also means very large? Titan-ic? Giant-like?

97. Incompetent queen? Marie Antoinette? Michael Barrymore? No, no..perhaps not.

More vallium please nurse..

[ 15. December 2002, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

Graham you must be pyschic!!! I've already got Chester as the answer for another question and the clue that gave me it WAS "Mr Dillon, Mr Dillon"!!! So alas our wooden legged clue is something else!

As for the compiler being a bit sad - I've spent the best part of a rainy sunday on this so who is the sadder? :rolleyes:

Chris