Dace?

Dave H

I fished for these guys when i was 8 and grew fond of them. My dream was a 1lb. I never here much about them. Are there any good Dace caught this season...Great little fish!

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

One of my all time favourites...had loads at 14oz, just can't better it...next season!

On the Teme by the way, still loads of 'em despite the cormorants and otters!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

The river wear and tees hold some big dace. There are occasions where you can find a shoal of dace in winter on the lower tees (where they migrate as the weather turns) that have a good head of 8 to 12 oz fish. The wear needs no introduction as a dace Mecca, having produced British records. I understand the shoals are still there, though the bags are decreasing.

Please visit my blog at http://jimmysfishing.blogspot.com

Lots in some stretches of the Kennet and I've caught what I thought at the time were some quite good ones but never weighed any. How many ounces do you think this one weighs?

DSCN1014_zps5a1c717b.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

I would guess 8-10oz rusty - my biggest dace is 10oz and looked around that size. Wonderful fish, I really should go back and fish for the ones me and rich found a few years ago. Lots of them up to 10oz, maybe there are bigger ones there...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Lots in some stretches of the Kennet and I've caught what I thought at the time were some quite good ones but never weighed any. How many ounces do you think this one weighs?

DSCN1014_zps5a1c717b.jpg

Looks thin Rusty, isn't it an eel? :lol:

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

DSCN1014_zps5a1c717b.jpg

What a beauty. They are like a little bar of silver...Perfect...:)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I caught this one from Horstead Mill in Norfolk a few weeks ago, unfortunately my scales are rubbish (I have new digi ones now) and it didnt weight it properly but it was easily getting on for a 1lb. Was bigger than all the roach I caught that day!! Still my best Speci fish Ive caught this season.

23le048.jpg

My best this season is 14oz. Have caught 7, 'pounders' in my angling life - biggest was 1lb 2oz on a day when I had 2 others over 1lb (and a PB Roach of 2-11 to boot!). A pound dace is a foot long - and a very special fish...

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog