Germans / Euro's / F1 and team work

RUDD

I wonder if the Germans will decide to f*** over one of their Euro zone partners this evening?

Would not be the first time a German has put them selves first before the team today. ;)

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Why should Eurozone tax payers, German or otherwise dip intgo their pockets to bail out a country that has allowed itself to become an offshore tax haven?

Team orders are one of the reasons I don't watch F1 anymore. I want to see a car race, best man and car combination on the day wins. I don't want to see someone being told to chuck the towel in so that another driver who was not doing so well wins. That sucks.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

There's team orders, and there's having a sportsman's agreement about not fighting in the closing stages of the race. In the case of Red Bull, in the terms of their agreement Weber had already won at that point. Vettel reneged. In the case of Mercedes, neither Hamilton nor Rosberg had enough fuel left to scrap it out to the line, both had been told to turn their engines down and cruise to the finish, so a battle between them would have amounted to a game of chicken over having enough fuel to finish the race. Not what the team needs with a three-four finish on the cards.

I don't like team orders when they are about one favoured driver having a shot at the driver's championship, but when it's about the team taking a decision that they can't race each other beyond a certain phase in the race and that whoever gets to that phase first gets the advantage, that's different.

I don't watch it any more because of all that. If I am watching a car race, I want to see a race where every driver is hell bent on crossing the line first.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Which is understandable, and there are forms of motorsport where that's the case. F1 is a team sport very much driven by strategy, it's not enough just to be able to drive balls out fastest (though it helps!).

Which is understandable, and there are forms of motorsport where that's the case. F1 is a team sport very much driven by strategy, it's not enough just to be able to drive balls out fastest (though it helps!).

Which is why I don't watch it. No likey team sports.

I work well with others, but prefer individual sport., Even when the tennis is on I never watch doubles.

I play tennis on my own.....never lost!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I prefer squash

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”