Human rights.

Andrew

worms, unfortunately the law is not based on your opinion, or your view of what amounts to common sense. If it were then perhaps what you would like to happen would happen. But then again maybe someone else's opinion or view would hold sway.

The point you really don't seem to get is that the reason he is still in this country is because that is what our law says should happen.

I doubt any of the judges that have made the decision want him here, I know I don't want him here, clearly you don't want him here, and I doubt anyone else does either.

BUT (and you see it's a big but :-) ) UK law says that for now he must remain here, unless he leaves voluntarily, or until we can find a way to have him tried in Jordan in compliance with the rights our law gives him.

This discussion has an inherent problem, I am doing my best to provide an insight as to why the law is doing what it is doing and you are telling me about your opinions as to what the law ought to do. There is no way to square that circle.

I know, I don't know why you went off on that tack either...I just expressed an opinion...

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Well you got closer to my original point than Nick at least..."He needs to be put on trial in the UK and do whatever with him" i.e. send him home so his fellow countrymen can do what they choose to do with him...My criticism is that WE have to keep him because we are subject to ECHR legislation...He's a Jordanian national, not British and with NO rights in this country. Jordan is not subject to ECHR regulation but still can't have their own criminal back!

don't see how you jump to that erroneous conclusion I've said lots of times he needs put on trial, and that then there is a better chance of him getting sent back to Jordan...

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

don't see how you jump to that erroneous conclusion I've said lots of times he needs put on trial, and that then there is a better chance of him getting sent back to Jordan...

Because you were intent on lecturing me about how the law worked not giving an opinion on why you thought he should or should not stay here.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

He's a Jordanian national, not British and with NO rights in this country. Jordan is not subject to ECHR regulation but still can't have their own criminal back!

Unfortunately whatever his nationality, he is in the UK and subject to your laws...

The same as a Brit who lives here is subject to Spanish law and not the law of his/her country of origin.(Although i have met a few "seriously"! that have thought otherwise)

Why your country doesn't put him on trial for the things he has done i don't know. There appear to be grounds certainly.

We put people on trial and expel them (If they are found guilty) on a regular basis....

But regardless....Dont whatever you do allow the politicians to convince any of you that you need to get rid of any of the legislation that actually protects you.

Anyway....

In my opinion I think that the way the various laws have left us with a convicted terrorist that can threaten the lives of innocent people is outrageous.

Because you were intent on lecturing me about how the law worked not giving an opinion on why you thought he should or should not stay here.

I have also said several times I don't want him here

But I have also been trying to explain why in my opinion he must stay here until the courts say otherwise, and that is what all the "lecturing about how the law worked..." was about as you clearly don't understand any of it.

Edited by nick

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

So put him on trial. Then if found guilty hopefully you can make his life unpleasant. :punk:

Well, with a bit of luck he will have breached his responsibilities as an asylum applicant (as he has already breached many other laws that contravene those expected of an asylum applicant), again and can be prosecuted for using mobile 'phones, the internet etc. etc. against his bail conditions...but will we still be able to deport him?

Anyway....

In my opinion I think that the way the various laws have left us with a convicted terrorist that can threaten the lives of innocent people is outrageous.

Anyway....

Exactly. That terrorist is a drain on this country. Will there ever be an end to him. Maybe a hitman may do us all a favour and blow his head off.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Well, with a bit of luck he will have breached his responsibilities as an asylum applicant (as he has already breached many other laws that contravene those expected of an asylum applicant), again and can be prosecuted for using mobile 'phones, the internet etc. etc. against his bail conditions...but will we still be able to deport him?

Thats down to the legal people to convict on a charge that enables deportation. That is what they do here.