Human rights.

Andrew

- that is Arbitrary power. That is the dangerous path down which we must never ever venture. If we do then every single one of us should be very afraid,

That is what leads to dictatorship, and believe me you do not want that.

• Like 1

My whole point being that whoever's law is followed, somebody elses is wrong. Qatada is no longer here legally as he has no asylum status but we still cannot deport him. This is why I made the original comments regarding ECHR.

"Human Rights" law means nothing as long as convicted terrorists can stay wherever they like and individual countries can not follow there own laws!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

If you cannot grasp the simple fact that he is here and our laws are being followed impeccably then there really is nothing further I can say.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

If you cannot grasp the simple fact that he is here and our laws are being followed impeccably then there really is nothing further I can say.

Jesus Nick, you're hard work...I didn't say that the laws weren't being followed at all I made a comment based on my opinion "In my view "Human rights" are those that go with common-sense, decency and the ability to get along with your fellow man. If you can't follow those basic tenets then surely you can't expect to be treated by the decent common-sense laws that are produced by Humans....or did I miss something somewhere?" and then continued to show how DIFFERENT laws posted by DIFFERENT countries do not necessarily prove that "rule of law" is as cut and dried as you said it is.

He IS a convicted terrorist in his home country and he is NOT allowed asylum status in THIS country but he IS still to be kept here...now does that make sense?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

"Human Rights" law means nothing as long as convicted terrorists can stay wherever they like and individual countries can not follow there own laws!

But you ARE following your laws...And without the interference of politicians which is the main thing you should be glad of.

I doubt that many of you have lived under a dictatorship as i have...When it was politicians/military/bastards that could decide your fate according to how it suited them...You really...i mean REALLY do not want to go down that road.

He needs to be put on trial in the UK and do whatever with him...But the anti human rights talk is dangerously ill informed.

You are playing directly into the hands of politicians who would like even more power over your lives.

Dont go there, or let them try and tell you that it will in some way "benefit" you....They are lying.

Edited by captain cojones
  • Like 1

Jesus Nick, you're hard work...I didn't say that the laws weren't being followed at all I made a comment based on my opinion "In my view "Human rights" are those that go with common-sense, decency and the ability to get along with your fellow man. If you can't follow those basic tenets then surely you can't expect to be treated by the decent common-sense laws that are produced by Humans....or did I miss something somewhere?" and then continued to show how DIFFERENT laws posted by DIFFERENT countries do not necessarily prove that "rule of law" is as cut and dried as you said it is.

He IS a convicted terrorist in his home country and he is NOT allowed asylum status in THIS country but he IS still to be kept here...now does that make sense?

Then of course he should be put on the next plane/boat out of this country. He is an illegal alien, simple as that, with no rights what so ever with being an illegal alien in this country.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Then of course he should be put on the next plane/boat out of this country. He is an illegal alien, simple as that, with no rights what so ever with being an illegal alien in this country.

Sorry Andrew but you are wrong. As soon as you set foot in Europe you have these rights, illegal alien or not. One of the reasons that America keeps all these suspected terrorists in Guantanamo Bay is because the moment they set foot in the US of A they would have the same rights under the Constitution as a born and bred American.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

worms, unfortunately the law is not based on your opinion, or your view of what amounts to common sense. If it were then perhaps what you would like to happen would happen. But then again maybe someone else's opinion or view would hold sway.

The point you really don't seem to get is that the reason he is still in this country is because that is what our law says should happen.

I doubt any of the judges that have made the decision want him here, I know I don't want him here, clearly you don't want him here, and I doubt anyone else does either.

BUT (and you see it's a big but :-) ) UK law says that for now he must remain here, unless he leaves voluntarily, or until we can find a way to have him tried in Jordan in compliance with the rights our law gives him.

This discussion has an inherent problem, I am doing my best to provide an insight as to why the law is doing what it is doing and you are telling me about your opinions as to what the law ought to do. There is no way to square that circle.

Nick

...life

what's it all about...?

But you ARE following your laws...And without the interference of politicians which is the main thing you should be glad of.

I doubt that many of you have lived under a dictatorship as i have...When it was politicians/military/bastards that could decide your fate according to how it suited them...You really...i mean REALLY do not want to go down that road.

He needs to be put on trial in the UK and do whatever with him...But the anti human rights talk is dangerously ill informed.

You are playing directly into the hands of politicians who would like even more power over your lives.

Dont go there, or let them try and tell you that it will in some way "benefit" you....They are lying.

Well you got closer to my original point than Nick at least..."He needs to be put on trial in the UK and do whatever with him" i.e. send him home so his fellow countrymen can do what they choose to do with him...My criticism is that WE have to keep him because we are subject to ECHR legislation...He's a Jordanian national, not British and with NO rights in this country. Jordan is not subject to ECHR regulation but still can't have their own criminal back!