Digital Scales

wotnobivvy

My Avons finally gave up their ghost after 36 years of good service earlier this season but I've heard that Avon have ceased production of their dial scales. So unless I can buy a pair on ebay I might have to use a pair of digitals; god forbid..

I believe Avon service and repair Avons still!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

I believe Avon service and repair Avons still!

Regretfully I threw them away; but I've bid on another set of avons so I'm keeping everything crossed.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Luddites :-)

What's the problem with digital scales? Granted, they're a bit more expensive than the OP quoted, but I've had the Fox digitals for maybe 5 years now - spot-on accurate (I've got access to pro-calibration equipment at the local Trading & Strandards office - they're checked maybe twice a year and have never needed any sort of resetting) - and still running on the original battery!

That said, I've another much smaller (and cheaper - think they were about a tenner?) set by Fladen, and for all practical purposes, they're just as accurate!

I had a set of Fox Digital scales. Absolutely hated them the more I used them. They gobbled batteries and when you needed them most they would let you down. Also weighed rather a lot for a box of electronics. Very expensive at £99 when they first came out.

Reubons all the way total reliability and simplicity.

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp

I am sure that I have some scales somewhere.

But

Don't you think that scales, digital/analogue, make the whole thing a bit nerdy?

Does the experience of catching a fish get better or worse for just weighing the fish? Would a stopwatch to record the time taken to land the fish be the next logical step?

"Muddlin' along"