What might this thing be then ? [pics]

Andy_1984

We used to build gang huts in the local woods when i was a kid, used to raid the farmers field for spuds to roast on the open fire. Had some great adventures with my chums.

A spud gleaned from the fields and baked on a fire that was also used to cook a chub, dace, perch, pike, trout, grayling etc. etc. was how we fed ourselves on those long fishing trips of childhood!...A handy Vic plum orchard not far away too at the right time of year :icecream:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

A spud gleaned from the fields and baked on a fire that was also used to cook a chub, dace, perch, pike, trout, grayling etc. etc. was how we fed ourselves on those long fishing trips of childhood!...A handy Vic plum orchard not far away too at the right time of year :icecream:

if kids now days had an up bringing like that they probably wouldn't be in the sorry mess they are now.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

We used to apple raid also.Had many a thick lughole from the local farmer

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Dace? You eat Dace? My old Granny was right about the English then.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

One day one of my chums brought his big brothers spud gun out, what an adventure, we ALL wanted to be his bestet mate in the whole wide world that day, woah way off topic

Sorry Andy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQzbS7oG43Y

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

There was a huge lake near the woods. We built a raft from fallen tree's, no one dared sail it though, ha ha ha.

“Vescere bracis meis”

Back on topic.

Its a smelting tool. !

“Vescere bracis meis”

Dace? You eat Dace? My old Granny was right about the English then.

Boney, like chub but, We didn't eat the bones...preferred the taste to chub which were still not at all bad especially before the winter. Some were muddier tasting than others but the woodsmoke covered a lot of things!

Better for you than your Granny's deep fried Mars bars... :bleh:

I'd still take the odd one now if I wasn't likely to become an evil criminal for 'stealing' fish!

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!