Spare a thought

Alan Fawcett

As you sit down to your dinner later today (25/12/02) please spare a thought for all those who can't be with their families today.

The Ambulance staff, fire service, police, doctors, nurses, soldiers, sailors, air crews/ground crews, patients in their hospital beds, the prison service, & numerous other people who are going to be away from home & family for whatever reason on this special day.

Most of these have had no choice on whether they are working or away from home, so please spare a thought for them & be glad that a lot of those who are working today do so to help keep you safe.

Oh & of course don't forget the moderators who will be keeping the forums clean n tidy while you lot make a mess :D

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

ALAN FAWCETT:

Most of these have had no choice on whether they are working or away from home, so please spare a thought for them & be glad that a lot of those who are working today do so to help keep you safe.

But even more people have gone on holiday, I suspect!

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

It says something about the state of society when a good, hard working, wholesome lad like myself is unable to spend Christmas with his mum, eh?

Not my fault she lives in Australia....

Merry Christmas,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

quote:

Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

[QB

Oh & of course don't forget the moderators who will be keeping the forums clean n tidy while you lot make a mess
:D
[/QB]

:D Thats why I shut my site down for today !! typical Elton does not want to loose those hits

Have a good one to you all, and boy do i wish i was not a chef in a former life ! 2 days i have been stuck in the kitchen.....

But i get loads of Brownie points and pass outs as well in return

Alan, I suspect the double-time pay and an extra days holiday, eases their pain. :D:D

Sorry, I couldn,t resist that.

I do appreciate them......really I do. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Cheers DB but we've spent most of today at the hospital :(

Dian woke with a sore throat yesterday, this morning her throat had swollen & she was having difficulty swallowing.

Come dinner time she couldn't swallow at all & had problems breathing, i looked in her mouth and the dangly thing (dunno what its called) at the back of her throat was hat swollen it was touching both sides of her throat leaving a little gap (about the size of the old 5p's).

So off we went to the hospital, they've kept her in as they don't know exactly whats wrong :(

Oh & just incase there's any "doubters" Dians on ward 8 in the SDGH if you don't believe me ring the hospital.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Sorry to hear that she's ill Alan. I hope that she's soon well and back at home.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"