Love is ...........

nursejudy

having to nurse hubby when he is proper poorly with pneumonia which coincides with your weeks holiday... :mad: :mad: and GP say's why use a hospital bed :confused:

men are such wimps..... :D:D:D

nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good grief, you sound like my wife. Poor hubbys got pneumonia, not a common cold or flu, but pneumonia, and the poor blokes called a wimp.

You nasty women are all the same you abuse us, deny us our little pleasures in life, bully us, harass us and on top of that you expect us not to moan as well!

Hope the health has improved and that you're all happy.

We 'nasty women' are not all the same! There are thousands of differences in the ways we can bully you, deny your little pleasures, abuse you and harrass you. :D

Nursejudy, I'm sorry hubby hs been inconsiderate enough to get pneumonia during your week off, he should know better! :D

Hope he is well again soon. x

Help me unhook these, please.

That's right, typical, get the chance of a few days R & R and a hubby gets a little cold. Then he acts like he's dying. Why is it when I get a cold my hubby Ian, tells me to wrap up warmly and go out to get fresh air. When he is poorly, he either goes to bed or sits all day playing the poorly patient? Men the drive me mad, can't live with them, can't live without them. :(

I do hope Mr Judy is soon back on his feet.

[ 14. January 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Eileen B ]

thanks for the sympathy.i'm not being sarcastic, :confused: he really is ill but gp thinks i can cope, but this is the man who rang me at work last week to say he had fallen whilst taking a shower and hurt his ribs,after asking questions,can you breathe ok etc,he tells me he went for a walk in the snow and ice .... :confused: i think he was concuss as well,he has 3 damaged ribs as well, so am quite busy for the time being see you soon.

nursejudy :D

nurse.gif

Ladies, I don't know exactly how to break this news to you but it is well known that when men are sick, they feel much worse than women when they are sick.

The pain and anguish a man experiences from even a slight head cold would have a woman whimpering for strong drugs to deaden the agony.

We normally have a much higher tolerance for pain than mere women do. If men, for instance, were the ones who bore children, it is doubtful we would even take a full day off work for the event. Just a short break to birth the brat and then give it to a nearby woman who likely wouldn't have anything nearly as important to do as taking care of our new child.

And as you can plainly see, my wife does not EVER look on this forum. :D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

My wife is also a nurse one of those caring professionals we all know and love in times of need

One example of how my wife cares for me:

I was cutting out the wall with a Skill saw at home for Patio windows when the disk shattered. I took off the face shield to see what had happened. I realised the disc had gone and thought that was lucky non hit me. Next thought was who is throwing paint on the wall, it was covered in red stripes then I saw a stripe come out of my arm and hit the wall. The bits of disc had not missed, one had cut the artery in my arm.

I looked up to see my wife standing in the living room, no doubt to see what had made such a bang, and shouted to her for help and started to move towards her. What do you think her first words were?

"Don't come in I dont want blood all over the house"

That was 15 years ago and we are still together. She often has a laugh about it!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

So let me get this right.....the man has got 3 damaged ribs, concussion and now Pneumonia and you still think he's after the sympathy vote.......!! I hope for his sake he never has anything seriously wrong with him e.g. an ingrowing toenail....

Paul

You have all miss understood all i was really grumbling about is using my holiday up .but at least i know he is getting good care.and won''t get mrsa .he is getting sympathy cos he really is ill.I'm also trying to book a surprise fishing holiday for the last week in march.any ideas.

nursejudy

nurse.gif

nursejudy:

but at least i know he is getting good care.and won''t get mrsa.

Cross infection.....a right pain in the arse!

Had my new baby in hospital all last week with scalded skin syndrome. One of the blood samples showed an unknown bacteria.

After taking the sample again the bacteria wasn't present. Even the Doctor said the whoever took the first sample must have accidently contaminated it.

Apart from this hicup, all credit to the rest of nurses for their great work.