Divine Intervention?

Elton

If there's a God, do you think he likes Mitsubishi Evo's? This is a true story of what happened today....

I had to go to church. The better half was acting as Godmother at the baptism of her friend's child. Having to go to church and wear a suit wasn't the best start to a Sunday morning that I could imagine.

Still, at least I can give the car a blast around the country roads...

As we step outside, Mrs. Elton pipes up, "we're going in my car, yeah?"

"No," I reply, "We'll take mine."

"There is now way I'm turning up at a quiet country church in that !" was her response.

There then followed a brief argument, followed by a major strop on by me (car keys and wallet thrown back into the house, the full 'grown up' works :D ).

Anyway, as we pulled up at the church, somebody pointed out that Tania's car had a puncture. I'm convinced that it was divine intervention and was done to teach her a lesson.

Mind you, it was me that had to change the flipping wheel....

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You see Elton, your troubles have started already, and it wasn't even for your kid, :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

paul mc:

We can see who wears the pants in your house :D

Damn! I haven't got a smart-arse reply for that one :D

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

If there was a god and if he did indeed like Evo's the puncture would have occurred before you left for the church! :D:D

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Eddie:

If there was a god and if he did indeed like Evo's the puncture would have occurred before you left for the church! :D:D

Perhaps he's only just cottoning on :D

Elton:

"No," I reply, "We'll take mine."

Young fella - may I suggest an alternative for next time so the fuss never starts. Not that she will be happy, you understand, just won't have any place to start with you.

"I'm going in mine. You are welcome to ride along."

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Actually Eltons the boss in his house AND he has the wifes permission to say so, so there :P

BTW Elton

from what i've heard god prefers lada's, he must do cos our little 1200 got us all the way to Embo on one tank of juice & when i say fully loaded i mean boot packed so tight i had to sit on it to get it to close, back parcel shelf full of stuff, back seat had Dian (pregnant with Cheyenne at the time), mum & my son Johnathan.

In the front was Ian (a mate) & me plus the passenger floorwell had all the butties & flasks etc in it.

We past loads of rovers,beemers, mercs, a scooberu & other assorted fords etc all broke down at the side of the M6, then the A9 but not one lada :D

Oh & as you're gonna be a daddy soon i'd suggest getting a lada estate for all the nappies, changing bag & mat, bottles, buggy, etc etc :D

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Elton,

The only thing that takes more kit than angling is a baby. How about a van with side door?

I see you've learned when it is best to "fight another day". You're lucky she didn't puke on you. Save your ultimatims for important occasions like fishing. Once you have agreed to go the Church it is always going to be a down hill slide.

Newt,

Did you say you've had more than one wife? I would get decked by my lovely bride, Precious were I to deliver such a line. Yes, she does wear the pants on the occasional Sunday.

Phone

Evo's should only be owned by those who can also afford a tow truck. God often will be invoked is dispare.

Elton:

If there's a God, do you think he likes Mitsubishi Evo's?

Elton

I'd think,

he has a little chuckle

every time he see someone driving one :):)

Liam

ps Get that poor woman some puncture repair foam (in a can)

...and btw I don't think God was involved in the puncture..

...now was he Elton? :P