So my garden comes alive.

Dave H

Half of my garden is wild the other not...Always gts me thinking the summr is on it's way. Can't believe this japanese woman as she just came on my lawn through my gate and took photo's of it!...

post-24156-0-57319100-1369654255_thumb.jpg

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Half of my garden is wild ................................... Can't believe this japanese woman as she just came on my lawn through my gate and took photo's of it!...

Expect a letter from the council soon; telling you to tidy it up. :D

Like to keep much of it wild for the wildlife. i have an old farmhouse still with the slate roof so many birds nests under them and nests in the wildness and a local hedgehog and offcoarse my hawk in my huge aviary which keeps her busy looking out.

Not that happy though this year things have just not taken off really. :(

Not that happy though this year things have just not taken off really. :(

It's starting to pick up a bit, there's a few more dragons around now, I've doubled my species tally for the year this weekend, a friend who is also into odonata keeps much better records than I do, this corresponding weekend last year he saw 14 species which made 21 for the year, on Saturday he only managed eight species for a year total of 10.

Came across a small one of these today, (about 10" length) it lived up to it's name unlike one of it's grandparents that I saw yesterday which was way too fast for me to get a pic.

IMG_1194-c-r-f_zps1d0358da.jpg

It's starting to pick up a bit, there's a few more dragons around now, I've doubled my species tally for the year this weekend, a friend who is also into odonata keeps much better records than I do, this corresponding weekend last year he saw 14 species which made 21 for the year, on Saturday he only managed eight species for a year total of 10.

Came across a small one of these today, (about 10" length) it lived up to it's name unlike one of it's grandparents that I saw yesterday which was way too fast for me to get a pic.

IMG_1194-c-r-f_zps1d0358da.jpg

Great photo. I saw one of these at wingham last week. Impressive creatures i think :)

When i was a kid i used to see loads of newts out and about but i hardly see any nowadays. Shame :(

Edited by Dave H

Rescued a slow worm from one of my bloody cats today, the little sod. Plenty of voles to eat, leave the reptiles alone!

I released it into the greenhouse border and when I came back it had gone and there were ants everywhere, so it must have found their nest.

Dave H,

Lilac? My all time favorite fragrance. Not only do they smell wonderful but the have a nostalgic charm for me. Grandma had about a dozen in her yard. My olfactory emotional responce is overwhelming sometimes.

Phone